Carnation Famous Fudge Recipe
Today I made fudge for the first time. I have always wanted to make fudge but had heard that it was really hard to make. When I told my Mom I was going to make fudge she told me she hoped it turned out better than the fudge my Grandmother used to make. I guess her fudge would never harden and you had to eat it with a spoon. I am very happy to say that today’s fudge turned out amazing. I made milk chocolate and peanut butter fudge. I am normally a chocolate person but have to say the peanut butter fudge is really good.
Here is the recipe I used.
CARNATION® Famous Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
SUBSTITUTE 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.FOR BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE:
SUBSTITUTE 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.FOR PEANUTTY CHOCOLATE FUDGE:
SUBSTITUTE 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for pecans or walnuts.