Make Your Own…. Herbal Rinse and Shine for Hair
If you use a jar that has a metal lid make sure you place plastic or wax paper between the lid and jar to prevent the vinegar from corroding it.
You will need…
1/4 cup dried rosemary leaves
1/4 cup dried bergamot
2 cups cider vinegar
2-3 cups warm water
1. Place the herbs in a heatproof, thick glass jar, such as one used for preserves
2. Heat the vinegar until very hot but not boiling, then pout it over the herbs. Cool, then cover tightly
3. Keep the jar in a warm spot for a week, shaking it once a day
4. Line a funnel with cheesecloth and place the funnel over the jar. Strain the rinse into the jar and screw on the lid.
5. When ready to use, mix 1/3 cup of the rinse with 2-3 cups of warm water. Then pour over hear once or twice as a rinse
Recipe from Readers Digest – Extraordinary uses for ordinary things