Here are 10 great alternative uses my dear Mom found for Vodka.
- Treat Poison Ivy – pour vodka on skin that has come in contact with the poison ivy and the alcohol will wash away the ivy culprit, urushiol oil.
- Laundry – To keep clothes smelling fresher with vodka. Simply spritz your duds with the stuff, then hang to dry in a well ventilated area. Vodka kills odor-causing bacteria, but doesn’t leave a scent when dry.
- Shine Fixtures – Moisten a soft, clean cloth with vodka, then apply a little elbow grease.
- Preserve flowers – Add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar to the water in your flower vase. Should help keep flowers fresher longer.
- Repel Insects – Pour a little of the spirit in a spray bottle and squirt on the little bugs or yourself as a repellent.
- Sooth Jelly Fish stings – Vodka can also disinfect and alleviate some of the bite of a jelly fish sting. This is coating the area not drinking the liquid.
- Get Shiny Hair – Add a jigger of vodka to a 12 oz bottle of shampoo and use as normal.
- Clean away mold – Try filling a recycled spray bottle with some bottom shelf vodka. Spritz on mold then let sit for 15 minutes. Scrub away with an old toothbrush.
- Ease a toothache – Make a appointment right away with a Dentist. Try swishing a shot of vodka over affected area. It can help disinfect and should numb some of the pain.
- Soothing Lavender Tincture – fill a clean glass jar with fresh lavender flowers then top with vodka. Seal the lid tightly and place in sun for three days. Strain the resulting liquid through a coffee filter and you have homemade tincture to rub onto aches and paines.
- Drink it!
Information found in The Daily Green.