Here are 12 No Cost Ways to reduce your Energy Bill!
1. You can save up to $63 per year by washing all your clothes in cold water instead of warm or hot.
2. Full loads of laundry and dishes result in maximum efficiency and help avoid water waste. Air dry dishes and clothes if possible for even more savings.
3. Clean the lint out after every load to maintain peak drying efficiency
4. Dry towels, bedspreads and other heavy items seperate from light weight items to increase drying efficiency
5. Take showers instead of baths and install a low flow showerhead to save on water and heat
6. Fix leaky faucets. Even a little drip adds up on your water bill
7. Insulate hot water pipes and water heater with approved insulation materials to help with efficiency. You can help reduce your heating bill up to 10%!
8. Turn off lights, tv, computer and other electronics when not in use
9. Replace your most used conventional incandescent light bulbs with long lasting energy saving compact flourescent bulbs.
10. Clean or replace A/C and heating filters monthly for maximum efficiency
11. Walk around your house with a flashlight and see what items are on and using electricity. Keep an eye out for glowing lights indicating the items are using electricity.
12. Keep your freezer full! If your freezer is not fill you can fill it with a large stone, bucket, milk jug filled with water or anything that takes up space.