Frugally fit….Getting in Shape on a budget!
Do you have a New Years resolution to get in shape, visit the gym, lose weight and look fantastic this year?
I start every year with a goal/plan/dream/hope/mission to go back to the gym and work out. One thing I have found is gym memberships are certainly not cheap especially when you only go a few times a year.
Do you feel like your budget is blown… Just like the seam in your pants?
Well you are not the only one! Together we are going to work on being frugally fit!
Here are our frugal tips for getting in shape and not busting your budget….
1. Rent work out videos from the libary
2. Grab a free trial membership
7 Day Free Gym Membership Pass for 24Hour Fitness.
3. Check for local running groups
4. Find a work out buddy near you
5. Check out the workout videos available on Amazon. Many of them you can pick up with free super saver shipping for a lot less than I have found them at a retail store.
6. Check with your local schools to see if you can use their running track
7. If you have a stack of work out videos you are bored with check with your friends and see if you can swap with them for a different video.
8. Check your garage, coat closet, storage shed and anyplace else you hide things for exercise equipment you have bought in the past.
9. Take the steps and park in the last row of the parking lot. You not only get more steps in but you may not want to put as much in your cart if you have to walk farther
Check out these tips for getting frugally fit from a few of our Facebook fans!
Marty -No gym needed when you have kids. Lol. I lay on the floor and use them as leg lifts, they get play time and i get a work out.
Shelly -Meal plan, coupon, price match, shop for two weeks at a time. Less trips to the store=money saved. Also, shopping the perimeter of the store and avoiding the processed foods aisles.
Jen – Use smaller plates… using the divided plate style 1/3 protein , 1/3 veggie, 1/3 starch … dairy on side
Toni – Don’t buy soda
Krystal – Meal plan, don’t waste, be practical, cut out the soda!
Kathryn – I use my cans for weights, my stairs to get to my 2nd floor apt., I park farther away to get those extra step counts, walk to places nearby me, an when I feel a Big Mac Attack ( or Sweet Treat Mood ) coming on, I go to my bank an deposit $10.00, towards my goal/reward of vacation !
Jenna – I have kids to chase, that helps, but smaller portions, and knowing what your metabolic is like. I for one am the kid of person the more protein, and less carbs the easier i can loose weight, but it has to be lean protein. Typically i can get meat for free through friends who hunt, then I began growing my own veggies and herbs last year as a way to save some on the grocery bill. not only will gardening burn calories, but then you are going to eat a healthier veggie! cut out sweets, that saves money there, drink more water, tea, or drinks that you can make from home. Don’t buy a gym membership when walking and running is free! if you want to tone or work out your arms, you can use water bottles or jugs as weights.
What great tips do you have for saving money on getting in shape?