Compensation was provided by Cargill® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cargill®.
I am so excited to share with you these amazing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Truvia® Baking Blend!
I found the recipe for these cookies on the Truvia® brand website. They are super easy to make and taste amazing.
This year we are really focusing on Out with the Old and In with the New! We are focused on making sure that 2014 is an absolutely amazing year.
We have huge goals for this year. One of our goals is to focus on us and making sure we are taking care of ourselves.
We get so wrapped up in work some days that we forget to slow down and have us time.
We are really working towards building and maintaining a healthy lifestyle in 2014.
I know you are probably shaking your head and saying, HELLO TAMMILEE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT COOKIES!
Here’s the crazy thing…These cookies have 17% fewer calories and 60% less sugar than the full sugar recipe.
So yes I am talking about cookies but I am also sharing a recipe that has been lightened up for all of us.
Because let’s just be honest…There is no way I am giving up cookies 🙂
Right now Truvia® brand is hosting a Stay Tru to You Facebook Contest!
A recent survey commissioned by the Truvia® brand showed that 59 percent experience small setbacks to eating healthy, such as snacking on junk food or treating themselves to an indulgent meal. That’s why Truvia® natural sweetener is launching The Stay TRU to You Sweepstakes, which aims to give fans a chance to enter to win one of three rewards for sticking to their New Year’s resolutions. From Jan. 9, 2014 to Jan. 31, 2014 fans will have the opportunity to take the Stay TRU to You pledge, and just for doing so, each entrant will receive a Truvia® coupon in addition to having a chance at winning one of the three selected rewards.
5 Small Switches that will Jump-Start Your Health in 2014
From The Nutrition Twins
1. Follow our Red, Green and Orange Rule. At each of your meals, include either a red, green or orange fruit or vegetable. You’ll focus on what you should be eating rather than what you should stay away from and you’ll fill up on nutrient-, antioxidant-, and fiber-rich foods that are an important part of a balanced diet.
2. Focus on quality carbohydrates like sweet potato, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, beans or oatmeal. Our newly released book, “The Nutrition Twins Veggie Cure: Expert Advice and Tantalizing Recipe for Health, Energy and Beauty,” explains that foods like these are fiber- and nutrient-packed sources of long lasting energy. Both your brain and muscles will be fueled appropriately to help stave off cravings and squash hunger. As an added bonus, veggies have their own specific health- and beauty-related benefits, such as fennel and artichokes for beating bloat, squash and green beans for fighting stress, tomatoes and cucumbers for improving skin tone and carrots and beans for fighting cancer, etc.
3. Sneak in exercise. It’s not always possible to get to the gym each day, but it’s important to sneak in exercise wherever you can. Take stairs instead of the elevator at work or push your kids on the swings for an arm workout. Even if you walk around the neighborhood for 15 minutes, it counts. Just get moving!
4. Use zero-calorie sweeteners like Truvia® natural sweetener in your coffee, tea, oatmeal and yogurt to cut calories. You can still enjoy sweetness, but with zero calories. Small changes can add up – if you save 100 calories a day that equals a 10-pound weight loss over the course of the year!
5. Shut off your electronics 30 minutes before bedtime. Computers, TVs, phones, and iPads—they all stimulate your mind and disrupt sleep. Interrupted sleep and sleep deprivation slows your metabolism and negatively affects your immune system.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Truvia® Baking Blend
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup Truvia® Baking Blend
1 tbsp molasses
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cups raisins
1. pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl cream butter, Truvia® Baking Blend, molasses, eggs and vanilla until smooth
3. In a second bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture until well combined
5. Stir in oats and raisins
6. Drop by the tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet
7. Bake for 10 minutes until golden at the edges
Truvia® natural sweetener is a great tasting, zero-calorie sweetener made with the best tasting part of the stevia leaf. One packet provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar, and is great in coffee, tea, or even your morning grapefruit. The sweetener is available in 40-, 80- and 140-count boxes, and in a spoonable jar. Truvia® Baking Blend blends Truvia® natural sweetener and sugar to provide a sugar-like taste and texture for recipes, with 75% fewer calories than sugar. For more info, check out Truvia.com/recipes or our Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube channels.