It’s the time of year when I crave soup. I want comfy sweat pants, a sweater, tea and a hot cup of soup for dinner. As the weather keeps getting colder I keep my slow cooker in use most days. This crock pot creamy bacon potato soup is so filling and easy to make. Filled with potatoes, bacon, onions, cheese and all the good stuff that your family will love.
I love that you can set it up in the crock pot and walk away and not worry about it. Dinner is ready when you need it to be ready! You can enjoy time on the couch, relaxing with your family, playing online, or anything else you want to do to relax. My goal is to make dinner as easy as possible with our favorite slow cooker recipes.
The stove is great for some meals but most days I just want to come home and have dinner ready for me.
Crock Pot Creamy Bacon Potato Soup
2 slices bacon
2 cups chopped onion
5 garlic cloves, minced
3 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
32 oz container reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1. Cook bacon and crumble
2. Add onions and garlic to skillet, saute until tender
3. Place onions and garlic in crock pot
4. add in bacon, potatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper
5. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, until potatoes are super tender
6. Mash potatoes to desired consistency, stir in cream
Top with cheese, sour cream and green onions.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 32 oz container reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup reduced fat sour cream
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- Cook bacon and crumble
- Add onions and garlic to skillet, saute until tender
- Place onions and garlic in crock pot
- add in bacon, potatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, until potatoes are super tender
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency, stir in cream
- Top with cheese, sour cream and green onions.