Have you ever made a cake in your crock pot?
I love making cakes in our crock pot to help not heating up the house during the summer. We live in a house that likes to retain heat and get really hot. This is nice in the winter but come Spring and Summer it gets a bit too much. This Crock Pot Strawberry Chocolate Cake Recipe tastes so good and you don’t have to worry about heating up your house.
Plus you can set it up, walk away and come back to a delicious dessert! hello yum!
Crock Pot Strawberry Chocolate Cake Recipe
1 box Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix
¼ C Honey (or sugar)
1 C Strawberries, diced
1/8 C Water
1. Prepare the cake batter according to the box directions
2. Line the slow cooker bowl with parchment paper, then spray with non-stick spray
3. Pour the cake batter into the bowl. Scatter the diced strawberries over the top (strawberries will sink eventually). Cook on high for approximately 1.5 – 2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean
4. Take the lid off the cooker and let sit with the heat off for approximately 15 minutes
5. Remove the cake by the parchment carefully, and let cool completely
6. Meanwhile, in a small pot, combine the honey, strawberries and water together.
7. Bring to a boil and let the strawberries break down and the water reduce.
8. When broken down, remove from the heat and let cool
9. When serving, spoon some of the strawberry sauce over top the cake and enjoy!
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes