Pineapple Cupcake Recipe
Oh my goodness these cupcakes are so good! I had never made cupcakes with pineapple chunks before making these cupcakes. It was such a great sweet treat in the middle of this cupcake. Oh my goodness these make me want to be on a tropical beach.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup drained, pineapple chunks cut in half
1. In a small bow, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil and egg until smooth
alternatively whick in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk,
beating until smooth. Stir in pineapple
3. Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. Top cooled cupcakes with frosting
Cream Cheese Icing
4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1. in a bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat together cream cheese, butter and salt until creamy. With mixer on low speed, beat in confectioner sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Increase speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy.
2. spread frosting over cooled cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to serve or up to 1 day