Vacations can be expensive! It’s a sad but true statement. As much fun as traveling is it can have a big impact on your bank account. Today we are sharing 10 ways to save on your next vacation.
We travel as much as we possible can. We have a dedicated travel fund that we put money to each month to help fund our next trip. These are tips that we use for each of our vacations to maximize the amount of money we spend. Our goal is to save where we can so we have extra money to spend on great spa treatments, an amazing dinner or upgrading our hotel room.
10 Ways to Save on your next Vacation
1. Sign up for Newsletters
Set up a seperate email account to sign up for travel newsletters from the hotel, airline, attractions or anyplace you are thinking of visiting.
2. Sign up for frequent flier cards/ hotel rewards
3. Be flexible with your dates
4. Check for free days, discounts on destination websites
5. Look at airline website along with booking sites
6. Use your age, student status or employment to check for discounts
7. Follow destinations, attractions on social media for discounts
8. Look for coupons, fliers, brochures with coupons at the airport, hotel and destination
9. Check your credit card rewards
10. Eat at local grocery stores instead of restaurants while on vacation. This is a great way to sample some of the local food.
Bonus – Email the visitor bureau or destination and ask for information. Many times they will mail you a packet ahead of time that includes great discounts, maps and so much more.