12 Uses for Orange Peels
I love finding alternative uses for items that would normally end up in the garbage. Here are 12 uses for orange peels! Who would have thought you can use orange peels to clean a stove. I love trying out these new uses!
1. Use the white side of an orange peel to polish that dull-looking wood furniture.
2. Add a few orange peels to some brown sugar to draw the moisture from the brown sugar and keep it from solidifying.
3. Orange peels are a great camping snack. Use those orange peels to start your campfire they make great kindling.
4. Make a great scented cleaners. Add a few orange peels in a jar with white vinegar and cover it with the lid. Keep it in the fridge for a few weeks. Shake it occasionally. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle. Use this cleaner to clean floors, windows and surfaces.
5. After you eat the orange use the peel to clean a dirty stove or sink. The peel contains oils that de-grease the surfaces. Be sure to use it before the peel dries out.
6. Boil some orange peels in a pot of water to add a fresh scent to the air. In the winter when you have that beautiful fire going in the fire place, toss a paper bag with some dried orange peels into the fire. Your house will be filled with a wonderful orange scent.
7. Take half an orange peel and fill it will salt. Put it in a bowl and in the fridge to deodorize it.
8. Try wrapping a few orange peels in some gauze and while in the shower rubbing it on your skin. This amazing body scrub will brighten your skin.
9. Limonene is something that is naturally found in citrus fruits including oranges. Mosquitoes, flies and ants don’t like limonene so to keep them away place ground up orange peels in areas where these pests are usually scene.
10. You can also repel those nasty mosquitoes my rubbing fresh orange peels on your skin.
11. Are the neighborhood stray cats digging up your flowers? Put some orange peels around the outside of your house to keep the cats away. They do not like the smell of the orange peels. This also works if your house cat gets into things he/she shouldn’t. Just rub the peels on or place them around the places or things around your house that you want to keep your cat away from.
12. The peels are also a great addition to your compost pile!