I think this Crock Pot Eggnog Oatmeal Recipe is the perfect Christmas morning breakfast! Set it up before you go to bed and it is ready when you wake up. Let’s be honest and admit we are all going to be up super late on Christmas Eve getting the house ready for Santa….so why not whip up breakfast at the same time so you can relax a bit in the morning!
Crock Pot Eggnog Oatmeal Recipe
1C Steel cut oats
1 ½ C Eggnog
1 ½ C Water
½ C Maple syrup
1 ½ tsp Nutmeg
1 generous tsp Vanilla
1 C Raisins
2 C Water, very warm
1. In a bowl, combine the warm water and the raisins. Set aside.
2. In the slow cooker bowl, add the oats, eggnog, water, syrup, nutmeg, and vanilla. Stir well
3. Cook on low for 4 – 5 hours.
4. After soaking the raisins for one hour, drain the liquid. Add them to the slow cooker bowl 1 hour before cooking time is complete for the oats.
5. Please check the oats at the 4 hour mark if you prefer the oats with still a bit of texture to them, or if you like them much softer, let them continue to cook.
6. When cooking time is complete, serve with a drizzle of milk or cream.
Alternative: Instead of soaking the raisins in water, try soaking them in a good quality dark rum!
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes