Cruise excursions are a great way to let the cruise line set up an itinerary you choose at a particular port. You may ask why would I do this? The answer is easy, you go out and have fun while the cruise line does all the work planning and organizing your days activities! Excursions usually include transportation, sometimes food and snack and supplies like a snorkel and mask if you choose to go snorkeling or admission passes to a particular museum.
As a bonus, if there was any reason your excursion was delayed and not make it back to port in time they will hold the cruise ship for you. The cruise lines want you to have a great time on their ships! They know that cruising is a repeat business and if they set up these great adventures they will likely inherit loyal customers for a lifetime.
Here is a list of 5 of my favorite excursions in all of the Caribbean! They also happen to be on three highly visited ports; Grand Turk, Cozumel and St. Thomas. You will most likely find yourself at one of these ports the next time you find yourself on a Caribbean Cruise
5) St. Thomas U.S.V.I, Cruise excursions take a 30 minute boat ride to the smallest of the U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John. Two thirds of the island is the Virgin Islands National Park and home to the only known underwater interpretative trail! This really brings out the Park Ranger in me : ) After your boat ride you will hop on an open air bus on your way to Trunk Bay soaking in the views around each corner. Once there you can bun bathe, enjoy the water & scenery and of course go snorkeling! There is beautiful coral and fish and truly a great way to experience how wonderful the Caribbean is in a National Park setting.
4) Cozumel Mexico Can you say Salsa, Salsa & Margaritas! If you don’t have fun here you just don’t know how to have fun! Everything seems to start off with a Margarita and why not, you are on vacation in Mexico. Everyone sits down to lots of colorful ingredients as you prepare to make several great salsas with the expert help of the lively hosts that know how to have fun. Of course after making and eating all these fresh made salsas you have worked up your thirst and need to learn how to make the perfect margarita. Now that everyone in the room is in a great mood we all get up and learn some salsa moves! I left this place full, tipsy and smiling from ear to ear! One of the best times ever! A bonus to go with friends!
3) Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Funtastic ATV Tour! This is a great tour for everyone and I mean everyone! There is the thrill of driving an ATV over roads, beaches and paths, wind blowing your shirt around cooling yourself from the hot humid weather of the Caribbean and great sights to see. We saw Flamingo in the wild , a shark just off shore and beautiful beaches while getting to see the island. The ATV’s are easy to operate, have a weight limit of 375lbs. so can handle practically everyone on the cruise ship, well at least before the cruise! HAHA!
2) Cozumel Mexico All Inclusive Passion Island by Catamaran! Have you ever dreamed of being on a private island with white sand beaches, palm trees swaying and turquoise blue waters. There is beach chairs, hammocks over water and even water bikes at your disposal. Did I mention there is food & drinks included. The drinks maybe watered down but the food is good and there is enough room on this island, even with a catamaran full of people, to find a nice quiet spot for you and your sweetie! This is enough to melt all your worries away!
1) Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Snorkeling plus Gibbs Cay and Stingray Encounter! So this was probably the most fun ever. We got to snorkel with Nurse Sharks and Barracudas. If this was not enough, we then headed to Gibbs Cay. From here we played in the water,enjoyed time on the white sandy beach and then got back in the water and had beautiful stingrays come up to us. What an experience!
Ok, now I am off to search for a cruise!