It’s no secret I love cruising with Carnival! They are called the fun ships for a reason and from the moment you step onboard you will find out why. One of the great things about todays cruising is that there is something for everyone and this is especially true for men! Here is my 9 reasons why men will love to set sail with Carnival.
1) Guy’s Burger Joint is currently offered on eight of Carnival’s Funships. Guy’s burgers is more than just a burger, there crack! They are so good they will have you going everyday for lunch to try each of them including; The Ringer, Strait Up, Chillius Maximus, Plain Jane and the Pig Patty. If this is not enough, they have a condiment bar that includes bacon, that’s right Bacon!
2) Redfrog Pub is currently offered on seven of Carnival Funships. This Key West inspired pub has a laid back vibe with their signature Thirstyfrog Red that can only be found on your local Carnival cruise ship at sea. They have even stepped up their game bringing in local craft beer from Cigar City Brewing and the new Carnival Vista will have it’s own brewery on board! Go sit back, relax and have a cold beer with some friends.
3) Sports onboard include a gym, basketball court, running track and waterslides. You can also work on your short game with a round of putt putt golf but be prepared as the waves can make for an interesting round. If watching the big game is more your speed then head over to the EA Sports Bar. Be prepared as it fills up fast with other local sports fans. If a big game is playing on your trip make sure to look up in your Fun Times and see what’s playing on the outdoor screen!
4) The Steakhouse is nothing short of an experience! Sure it costs a little extra but seriously $35 per person is nothing when compared to the same land based chophouse. You get a five course meal and for the bold a one pound cheesecake to top it off. Be prepared to have your taste buds satisfied and be ready to release your top button on your pants afterwards.
5) The Alchemy Bar is a great way to end the evening. Here you will not find your fruity girly drinks like a Miami Vice or Pina Colada! If you want a girly drink then feel free to find your way on the pool deck.The Alchemy Bar gets back to the roots or golden age of cocktails that dates back to pre-prohibition the art of mixing drinks with herbs and elixirs. You will be very delightfully surprised at the quality of drinks here and amazed how several hours and a few drinks pass the time.
6) Shore Excursions are a great way to experience a location. Several of these can be rather manly. If you are headed to Alaska you can go deep sea fishing or perhaps go on an excursion aboard the FN Aleutian Balland. This ship was on the second season of the Deadliest Catch! This ship that survived a 60’ rogue wave and now you can sail aboard it too. If you are staying in the Caribbean then go for the snorkeling excursion. I took the Grand Turk excursion that lived up to its promise that I would swim with Barracudas, shark s and stingrays.
7) Shopping is not just for women. Don’t believe me, the Caribbean is known for shopping and who would not like a new watch? Perhaps you just want to stroll down the street in Cozumel and try a Cuban Cigar. Maybe you want to stop in St. Thomas and stock up your bar as the prices in the Caribbean will have you dancing for joy. I stopped in a Margaritaville and found my lost shaker of salt!
8) Gaming is also available when not in port. It’s a great time to stop by on formal night when you have you best suit on, martini in hand and try your luck at baccarat. You will be feeling like 007 in no time!
9) The Comedy Club offers nightly entertainment with several shows. The late performances are adult only and all are very popular. You will find lines forming early to get the best seats and the comedians usually change half way through your trip.
There you have it, nine great reasons to love Carnival Cruise Lines. You are sure to have a great time and if you don’t then you need to learn how to have fun. Rest assured that nobody will be pulling you man card after this trip. No man has ever had his man card pulled after swimming with sharks! Happy sailing.