Recently Best Buy set up the Best Buy Tech Home at the Mall of America. You might remember me telling you about it in this post. Today I am excited to share with you the Samsung products and set up from the Best Buy Tech Home. I really wish I could have made it to Minneapolis to check everything out in person. There are so many cool new tech products right now that I would love to try out.
Samsung SmartThings Hub
- The Samsung SmartThings Hub is the brain of your smart home.
- It connects wirelessly with hundreds of compatible smart devices such as smart locks, lights, outlets, thermostats and more, allowing you to monitor, control and secure your home from anywhere, from your smartphone with the SmartThings app.
- Once you have the Samsung SmartThings Hub and free SmartThings app, you can add as many devices as you want to customize your smart home. Compatible with ZigBee, Z-Wave, and IP-connected devices. Works with the following brands: Samsung, Honeywell, Schlage, Yale, First alert, D-Link, OSRAM LIGHTIFY, Leviton, Bose, Cree, and others.
So I have to admit I am a total accessories girl. Not just in my jewelry, purses and shoes but in my tech also. I just love that you can link everything together and let’s be honest it is all really fun to play with. Check out some of these Samsung SmartThings Hub Accessories!
- Samsung SmartThings Arrival Sensor
- By placing the sensor in a child’s bag, around a pet’s collar or in your car, you can stay connected to loved ones as they enter or leave your home.
- Receive a notification on your phone when your child arrives home from school, or a pet leaves the house
- Trigger different actions to take place when you arrive or leave home, such as automatically turn the lights on or off, or unlock or lock the door.
- Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor
- This sensor detects both movement and temperature in your home and sends you alerts if there’s unexpected activity when you are away.
- Receive alerts if there is unexpected movement while you’re away or asleep, set connected lights to turn on and off as people come and go, or set your heating and cooling to adjust based on temperature or motion.
- Samsung SmartThings Multi-Purpose Sensor
- This sensor can tell you whether doors, windows, cabinets or your garage are open or closed.
- Receive an alert if doors or windows open unexpectedly, or check whether the front door, window or garage are closed.
- The Mulitpurpose Sensor can also detect vibration and temperature.
- Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
- By placing this wireless sensor in areas of your home that are prone to water leakage (such as a basement, near a water heater, under an old pipe, or in a bathroom), you can receive an immediate alert on your smartphone at the first sign of excess moisture and prevent a minor headache from causing major damage.
- Get an immediate alert on your smartphone at the first sign of excess water.
- Place Sensor Under Sink, In Basement, In Vacation Home- Wherever Water Is A Risk
- Samsung SmartThings Smart Outlet
- The Samsung SmartThings Outlet allows you to control and automate lights, electronics, and small appliances from anywhere, using your smartphone.
- Set things to automatically turn on and off on a schedule or in response to other activities in your home.
- The Smart Outlet turns any regular three-prong outlet into a smart, controllable power outlet.
- Samsung SmartThings Extend
- With Samsung SmartThings Extend, you can control, monitor and automate your smart home from your compatible Samsung TV
- Turn your TV into the brain of your smart home – the TV acts as the Smart Home Hub with the Extend USB adapter
- Coming Soon – Look for Samsung SmartThings Extend Kits instore & online in September
- * Compatible with 2016 Samsung TVs 7 Series UHD & 8, 9 Series SUHD
Many of the above individual Samsung SmartThings products come in a convenient Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit. Included in this kit are the Hub, motion sensor, 2 multipurpose sensors and a smart outlet
I pretty much want every accessory and multiples of some of them. With the amount that we travel it would be so nice knowing if the garage door or front door are opened. Let alone being alerted if there is a water leak. PLUS can we talk about the smart outlets that let you turn lights on and off. This is great for security but also imagine the fun you could have turning lights on and off when your spouse or kids are at home. Evil I know but it would be really fun to turn the lamp off and wait to see what John says while I am talking to him on the phone. LOL!
Samsung also had great mobile tech available to check out including:
- Samsung Galaxy Note7
- Get more done. With the S pen, you can write, draw, edit and record your thoughts
- Make room for more. Expand your storage up to 256GB with a microSD card
- Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch
- Designed for the speed of your life – with elegant curves and premium finishes. The circular face and bezel let you navigate effortlessly.
- Get notifications from your phone right on your wrist with a glance. With the Gear S2, you can receive calendar notifications, texts and even news updates.
- The built-in S Health app empowers your active lifestyle. You can track your steps, check your heart rate and even get a nudge when it’s time to get moving.
Our neighbor has one of the Samsung Gear smartwatches and I am going to admit that I kind of covet it. It is crazy to watch her check her S-Health app on her watch, check emails and text updates and receive calendar updates. I am adding this to my holiday wish list! Not only does it look good but it might help me set my phone down a bit more.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free