Do you like chocolate or vanilla the best? It really depends on the day for me. Some days all I want is chocolate and other days you just can’t go wrong with vanilla. Thankfully for this cupcake Saturday post you don’t have to make up your mind! These chocolate vanilla cupcakes are the best of both worlds. I am so excited to share this Chocolate Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe with all of you!
The perfect combination of chocolate and vanilla in a luscious yes please can I have another cupcake! Have you seen the Easy Homemade Blueberry Lemonade Cupcake Recipe we shared? Both of these cupcake recipes are delicious!
Chocolate Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- -Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- -Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- -In a separate bowl add the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla.
- -Add the bowl containing the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla to the bowl holding the dry ingredients.
- -Mix all together until fully incorporated.
- -Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
- -Slowly add the boiling water starting with a small amount then pour in the remaining boiling water.
- -The batter may be a little runny.
- -Scoop batter into cupcake paper liners until 3/4 full.
- -Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- -Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- -Remove from cupcake tin and place on a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- -Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- -If it doesn’t cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- -Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then….
- – Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time…. mix well.
- -Test to make sure that the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
- -If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.(13 inch)
- -Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- -Frost from the cupcake edges inward to the center of the cupcake.
Easy Moist Chocolate Vanilla Homemade from Scratch Cupcake Recipe! Everyone will love these delicious cupcakes perfect for birthday parties, bridal showers, baby showers, engagement parties, holidays and more. Baking these is always a good idea