So today I turn 38 again…..
Yep, today is my birthday and I am officially 38. Funny thing though…I pretty much thought I was 38 for the past year.
I am going to admit something that I can’t believe I am putting in writing….oh boy here we go…eek……ok….I googled how old I was……yes it’s true as I hang my head in dismay
I do feel a little bit better that I am not the only one googling how old they are when there are entire websites created to calculate your age.
You know how when your growing up you think 40 is soooooooooo old and so far away…..
I still remember when my Mom turned 40 and her friend Linda set up signs on the entire route to school telling everyone who drove by that lordy lordy nanci is 40.
The look on my Mom’s face as we drove to school was priceless.
As I creep closer and closer to 40 I am honestly excited and so happy with who I am today. Of course there are things I would like to change but I have learned to embrace the person I am today and not focus on the person I am not.
A great speaker once said that if you focus all of the time on the things you are not than how do you have time for the things you are.
So to celebrate today my 38th birthday I thought I would put together a list of 38 things I know I am not and celebrate knowing that I am not these things. Random I know but I feel good knowing that I don’t have to stress about these things.
1. I am not a ballerina or really a dancer for that matter
2. I am not a scuba diver. I tried it and well it was not for me
3. I am not a singer…you can all thank me for not singing to prove how much I am not a singer
4. I am not a musician either! Flashbacks of elementary school clarinet lessons are enough to keep me away from all musical instruments
5. I am not single and I am happy every day to be in a loving marriage
6. I am not a daredevil who jumps off the side of buildings
7. I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV
8. I am not a gourmet chef
9. I am not a trained writer
10. I am not someone who should hand write anything…my handwriting is chicken scratch on a good day
11. I am not a fan of snakes
12. I am not a meat eater
13. I am not a fan of the metric system…I still get confused
14. I am not someone who spends money on myself very often
15. I am not someone who says no easily
16. I am not able to not cry at Hallmark commercials or sappy movies
17. I am not a fan of scary movies
18. I am not really a dog person…cats have my heart
19. I am not a fan of the news and how negative it is
20. I am not openly political and try to keep my views to myself
21. I am not easily swayed when it comes to changing my mind
22. I am not a fan of Brussels sprouts or tomatoes raw
23. I am not mechanically inclined
24. I am not a gambler
25. I am not a fan of radishes..i try but I just can’t seem to like them
26. I am not a neat freak
27. I am not a bike rider, I seem to lean to the left which is not great on 2 wheels
28. I am not a slow driver
29. I am not good at taking no for an answer
30. I am not a fan of drama
31. I am not good with small spaces
32. I am not sure why everyone rushes to the gate when the plane is boarding even though their section has not been called
33. I am not a soda drinker
34. I am not a fan of lima beans
35. I am not very good at walking away when I need to
36. I am not as organized as I would like to be
37. I am not a fan of Chinese Food
38. I am not sure how to finish this list………
For all the things I am not I know 1 thing for sure ….I am who I am
I am shy at first and then open up once I get to know people
I am insanely loyal to the people I love
I am an animal lover and cry when I see road kill
I am a traveler who loves exploring the world and see life from other peoples perspectives
I am a photo freak who takes 1000’s of pictures in hopes of getting 1 that makes an impact
I am a wife who is incredibly blessed to have an amazing Husband who partners with me on the crazy journey of life
I am a woman whose curves have curves
I am someone who seeks out inspiration and loves being surprised inspired
I am a reader who will curl up with a book and a cup of tea any chance she gets
I am blessed to have friends who support me and push me to reach my goals
I am also blessed to have a family who understands me and pushes me when I get stubborn and bull headed
I am someone who will take off on an adventure with a few minutes notice
I am a numbers geek who loves Excel spreadsheets
I am clumsy at times
I am a fan of reality tv and love watching the Bachelorette and Bachelor
I am not as clean as I would like to be and dream of having a house keeper
I am a dessert fan if you put creme brulee in front of me it will not last long
I am a collector of pens in all shapes and sizes because really you can’t have to many on your desk
I am hopelessly madly deeply in love with my Husband and grow more in love with him each day we spend together
Most of all I am ME and that is all I need to be!