I received free product and compensation from Claritin® to write this post. All opinions are my own.
If you are anything like me you want to spend a ton of time outdoors but then when you have free time you struggle to come up with what to do. I am always dreaming of being outside, soaking up the sun, and living it up and then all of a sudden when I have 30 minutes to get outside I almost freeze up trying to decide what to do. My excitement overtakes my planning and then all of a sudden time flies by and I am still trying to decide what to do.
Today, I am excited to share easy ways to get outside this spring that do not take a ton of planning, effort, or stress. Because we could all use a bit more fun in our lives and a lot less stress. I am so excited to share what the makers of Claritin are doing to encourage Americans to get outside through their 20 Minutes of Spring Project!
The 20 Minutes of Spring Project marks year two of a three-year partnership between Claritin and Boys & Girls Clubs of America, where Claritin has committed up to $500,000 to fund programming and create resources to help get kids outside.
One of the things I love is we can each make a difference in this campaign and it is so easy and fun! All you have to do is post a picture of your favorite family-friendly outdoor spring activity on Facebook or Instagram with both #Claritin and #20MinutesofSpring by June 21, 2018. Every post triggers a $5 donation to Boys and Girls Clubs of America (up to $50,000). To learn more about this program visit claritin.com/20minutesofspring
Easy ways to get outside this spring for adults!
- Have a barbecue with friends, make it a potluck so everyone brings their favorite dishes.
- Visit a National Park in your State (Check out this List of National Parks to find the one closest to you)
- Walk to the library or a cute store
- Walk to get the mail
- Spend 20 minutes planting new flowers
- Sit outside at a coffee shop with friends and catch up
- Head to the farmers market and find fresh produce
- Enjoy a glass of wine on the deck
- Talk to your neighbors and find out what is happening in the neighborhood
- Enjoy a great book at a corner cafe
- Take a walk around the block a few times
- Stop and smell the roses
- Take your dog for a walk or volunteer to walk a shelter dog
- Go birdwatching
- Find Instagram worthy spots in your hometown
Did you know that a new survey commissioned by the makers of Claritin found that spending as little as 20 minutes outside in nature can help us feel happy! 97% of Americans surveyed find that spring is a great season to experience the simple joys that outdoor activities provide. Spring is the perfect time to get outside and savor each new day and try new things. Make sure to check out our Spring Bucket List for more ideas on ways to enjoy this spring!
We hope that you have a great time celebrating spring and getting outside for at least 20 minutes a day! Make sure to post a picture of your favorite family-friendly outdoor spring activity on Facebook or Instagram with both #Claritin and #20MinutesofSpring by June 21, 2018. Every post triggers a $5 donation to Boys and Girls Clubs of America (up to $50,000).