Kitchen Cleaning Tips
The kitchen is one room in the house that we would all like to keep as clean as possible. It makes our home pleasant and it allows us to cook in a clean environment. Unfortunately, the kitchen is also one of the rooms in most people’s homes that gets messy the quickest. Here are some kitchen cleaning tips sure to help you stay neat, sparkly and organized!
Kitchen Cleaning Tips
1. Make it a point to clean your fridge at least once per week. It isn’t as bad as it seems. By doing so, you will not only save yourself the daunting task of doing a deep clean every few weeks or months, but you will also know what you have in your fridge week-to-week when it comes to shopping and planning meals. Just toss anything that’s bad, move items you want to use up to the front and do a quick wipe-down.
2. Do dishes as you make them. This can seem like you are doing dishes all day, but really, you are only doing a few here and there. For instance, when you are cooking and waiting for water to boil, wash off the cutting board you just used or the bowl you just mixed in. This way, your sink will never be full of dishes!
3. Clean up spills and messes right away. This will avoid the elbow grease it will require to clean it later when the food is stuck and dried onto surfaces. When cooking, just keep a clean rag in your kitchen for doing this.
4. Use vinegar to soak items that are baked on or hard to remove. Vinegar is cheap and it does amazing things so you can avoid scrubbing your life away. Just let it soak on surfaces (even countertops!) and come back to wipe away much easier.
5. Banish odors in your garbage disposal with some citrus peels. Next time you go to have an orange or you have some leftover lemon peel, just chop it up a bit and place it in your garbage disposal while it is running (with water). It will help not only freshen the area but also de-grease it.
6. Don’t neglect certain areas like your coffee maker or microwave when they are so easy to keep clean. To clean your coffee maker of any hard water internally (or in your carafe) run a cycle of vinegar about once a month. Make sure to rinse it well with a cycle or two of plain water. For the microwave, heat up a microwave-safe dish of 1 part water, 1 part vinegar. Allow to sit for a few minutes with the door closed after heating up. This loosens the grime and makes it easy to wipe out.
Do you have any kitchen cleaning tips to share? I would love to know!