Can I confess something…..I have dreamed of having an amazing fridge for a really long time.
Every time we visited Best Buy I would look longingly at the gorgeous refrigerators and dream of having one in our kitchen. An ice dispenser on the front and cold water whenever I wanted it. Never could I have dreamed that we would have a French Door Refrigerator with a Keurig K-Cup brewing system built into it in our kitchen.
When the email from Best Buy came in that we wanted us to check it out I may have shed a happy tear. Just being honest this was seriously a dream come true! Being an ambassador for Best Buy this year has been so amazing and this was honestly the cherry on top! I couldn’t help but shed a happy tear and giggle in excitement.
I had to wait a week to have it scheduled once the call came in that it was in Spokane and it was so hard! Every day I counted down until the delivery guys brought the fridge to the house.
Now that the fridge is in the house I am madly deeply in love with it! Yesterday we got home from Vegas at 1am and I had a meeting at 6am. The joy that I felt when I realized I had a chai tea K-Cup from the sample box that came with the fridge and the fridge had a Keurig is hard to put into words. That cup of chai was everything! Seriously it got me through a 2-hour meeting and I managed to get a ton of work done.
I am going to confess that I had to go to the grocery store before I posted pics of the fridge. We have been traveling so much that the fridge portion was a bit bare minus beer/wine, yogurt, and cougar gold cheese. The freezer portion was packed with pre-made meals and frozen leftovers but the fridge portion made it looked like we lived on a liquid diet and not of water. lol!
So I admit it I went to the grocery store and finally stocked up on much-needed groceries. Which is great because now dinner is not just a frozen burrito or whatever else we pull out of the freezer. So the fridge not only has helped me start my day it is helping me eat more variety for dinner. LOL!
The other thing I love which isn’t sadly unique to this fridge but is something we haven’t had in a while is the ice dispenser. Our old fridge the dispenser was broken so we never had ice in the house unless I bought a giant bag of it from the store. And let’s be honest. Those giant bags turn to bricks of ice that you will break your floor trying to get to break into little pieces that actually fit in a glass. I think they are created with some type of crazy science that instantly turns them into a 10 pound ice block versus cute, tiny little ice cubes that fit where you need them…in a glass not a cannon.
I do have a few tips for getting a new fridge:
1. Start eating out of your old fridge for as long as you can so you have less food to move from on to another. It can take 24 hours for the new fridge/freezer to cool down to a normal setting and you don’t want to lose any food.
2. This is the perfect time to clean out old condiments and start fresh. We all have those condiments that have been on the door of the fridge for longer than we care to believe.
3. Organize as you set up the fridge. It is really easy to start stuffing everything into the new fridge but really who is going to go back and re-organize it later. It is already in there so we just live with it for years to come. Take a moment to put everything where you want it so you can find it. Hopefully this will prevent those moments of finding a container in the back of the fridge and not knowing what it is or how long it has been there.
4. Play with all the new gadgets and gizmos! I get it! Make 5 cups of coffee, blend up a margarita because you have an ice maker, drink gallons of water!
French-Door Refrigerator with Keurig® K-Cup® Brewing System
- Keurig® K-cup® brewing system – The unexpected convenience of hot single serve brewing at your fridge.
- Hot Water Scheduling – Have hot water ready for you to brew single serve beverages any time of day. Just schedule hot water through the GE Kitchen App, and enjoy ultimate convenience
- No need to measuring cups! Dispense hot or cold water in the exact amount you need for a recipe!
- Choose from four pre-programmed settings to simplify hot food and drink preparation for items such as tea, hot chocolate, oatmeal and soup.
- Fast freeze for quick freezing of food
- Bright LED lights illuminate the interior
I may have fallen madly deeply in love with my refrigerator! There is just so much to love about it!