I am so excited to announce that we are heading out for the Carnival Sunshine Foodie Trip!
This will be our first time on the Carnival Sunshine and we are sooooo excited! We have heard nothing but great things about this ship! Some of our favorite cruising friends the Rebel Chick and Mommy Musing were on the Carnival Sunshine in the Mediterranean last year and told us it is amazing!
Our trip is all about food! We will be checking out the specialty dining restaurants on board along with the casual eateries! I can’t wait to check out the shake shop for an adult milkshake…hello yum!
I am already dreaming of a Iguana Cantina breakfast burrito! That will be one of the first things I get when we get on the ship. John is excited for a Guy’s Burger!
During the trip we will visit Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico along with Roatan and Belize. This will be our first time visiting Costa Maya.
You can follow the hashtag #CarnivalFoodie to see everyone’s photos from the trip!
Check out some of the amazing dining options we will be checking out on the Carnival Sunshine!
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen – Featuring delectable cuisine from the Far East, Ji Ji Asian Kitchen offers an extensive menu with seven different appetizers, including Nanjing-style duck, whose origin dates back 1,400 years, along with slow-braised pork belly and soups such as Tamarind & Shrimp and Chicken & Cilantro Root. Entrees are just as varied with seven different choices, including slow-braised Wagyu beef short rib with watermelon radish, burdock root, wasabi pearl and crisp potatoes, as well as stewed pork served in a clay pot with wok-fried scallions, sesame, fresh spinach, pea shoots, and snap peas. Rounding out the menu are various sides, noodles and rice dishes, along with Asian-themed desserts like rose crème brulee with ginger cream. Japanese beers and full bar service are available, as well. The restaurant carries a $12 per person charge for adults, $5 for children 11 and under. At lunch, the restaurant offers complimentary custom-made noodle dishes where guests can select their choice of noodles, vegetables, spices and meats.
- Shake Spot – Offers a real cool time aboard Carnival Sunshine! Located along Deck 5 Promenade adjacent to Ocean Plaza, Shake Spot features nine different kinds of milkshakes with delicious choices such as the Strawberry Creamsicle, Tropical Delight and Mocha Java Rev-Up served with a shot of espresso, along with seven kinds of floats. Adult versions of both the shakes and floats spiked with bourbon, rum and various liqueurs are also available. There’s even an all-inclusive “Shake Lover’s Package” for those who simply can’t get enough of these unique and nostalgic treats on vacation.
- JavaBlue Café – Located adjacent to Shake Spot on Promenade Deck is the place to connect, meet up and savor sweet and frothy cappuccinos, lattes, espressos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as coffees made with liqueurs, along with a variety of decadent confections.
- Pizzeria del Capitano – For those guests who crave delicious, hand-tossed, artisanal-style pizza anytime of the day or night, this restaurant is an expansion of the line’s popular Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant. Here, guests can watch as chefs prepare five different kinds of authentic Italian-style, thin-crusted pies, from traditional Margherita and pepperoni to artisan-style quattro formaggio, mushroom, and prosciutto – all free of charge 24 hours a day and made in a traditional pizza oven which serves as the venue’s centerpiece.
- Guy’s Burger Joint – Fresh-made burgers, hand-cut fries and innovative toppings created in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri.
- Havana Bar – By day serves as a casual gathering spot for relaxing with friends and enjoying Cuban coffee and Cuban finger foods such as pastelitos and croquetas, while at night transforms into a Cuban-inspired courtyard with a cool Latin vibe where guests can listen to live music, enjoy classic Cuban cocktails and dance the night away. Located aft within Lido Marketplace, Havana Bar’s interiors pay homage to Cuba’s gloried past with palm trees, elegant archways and vibrant tile work, along with floor to ceiling windows offering panoramic ocean vistas.
- BlueIguana Cantina – Offering authentic tacos and burritos that can be personalized by diners at a limitless salsa and toppings bar.
- Sea Day Brunch – Featuring an extensive menu of brunch-time favorites including a wide selection of brunch beverages from Champagne Mimosas to Bloody Marys.
- Fahrenheit 555 – A classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks and other gourmet fare with impeccable service(venue carries a surcharge consistent with other steakhouses in the Carnival fleet).
- Cucina del Capitano – A family-style restaurant reminiscent of a cozy Italian home with an extensive menu of classic Italian dishes and new Carnival favorites (venue serves as a free lunch-time pasta bar during the day with a nominal charge of $12 for dinner).
- Lido Marketplace – A casual poolside eatery offering an array of international favorites, from paninis and 24-hour pizza, a Mongolian Wok station, American-style “comfort food” such as fried chicken and mac n’ cheese and just about everything in between
- Serenity – Salads, sandwiches, wraps and other light fare available on sea days at the ship’s exclusive adults-only retreat
- The Taste Bar – Complimentary bite-size offerings inspired by popular Carnival dining venues, along with a signature cocktail tied to that eatery’s particular theme available for purchase.
- Bonsai Sushi, a full-service sushi restaurant offering delicious Asian-inspired delicacies — sushi, sashimi, rolls and more — all enjoyed amidst a contemporary Far East decor
- Sea Dogs – A hot dog-shaped cart within the SportSquare outdoor recreation area offering complimentary all-beef franks and traditional toppings.
Somehow I am thinking we will not be going hungry on this cruise 🙂
Check out this great video from Carnival showcasing the updates on the Carnival Sunshine