This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Groupon Getaways. All opinions are 100% mine.
A couple of weeks ago we shared that we will be traveling to two amazing destinations with Groupon Getaways.
Today I wanted to share how the process works for booking a trip and a little more about where we will be traveling to.
The Groupon Getaways site is amazing! You can easily find both local and international destinations just with one click of the mouse. The site breaks down the destinations by interests including beach getaways, romantic getaways, outdoor fun, international with air and so many more options.
You can easily search for a specific destination you are interested in or just browse and be inspired by the amazing destinations.
For our trip, we knew we wanted to book a local getaway and a international getaway. Our first trip will be the local getaway.
We were able to use the search function on Groupon to find hotels and resorts near our house in Spokane. We wanted to be able to comfortable drive to the destination within 5 hours.
I have always dreamed of staying at the Salish Lodge. When I saw it was available, I told John we had to go there.
One of the best parts of booking a getaway through Groupon is being able to find and use other Groupon deals while you are traveling. You can find great deals on spa treatments, restaurants, things to do and so much more.
For our getaway to the Salish Lodge, we picked up a couple of wine tasting deals and a local brewery deal. Plus, we are looking at getting a spa treatment or taking a cooking class while we are there.
Our getaway to the Salish Lodge is all about relaxing, a bit of romance and just spending time together at a dream hotel. We don’t really have a set itinerary other than just enjoying our time together and soaking up the area.
Our international getaway is to Bali! EEK! OH MY GOSH! I am so excited!
We will head to Bali in April for 8 amazing days on the island!
The Groupon Getaways we picked up includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK), or Houston (IAH)
- 5 nights of accommodations at Ossotel in Legian
- 3 nights of accommodations at Anini Raka Resort & Spa in Ubud
- Half-day Ubud art tour with high tea at the Royal Pita Maha
- Airport transfers and transportation between Ubud and Legian
- Daily breakfast
- All taxes and service charges
Check out this amazing itinerary! We are so crazy excited
Days 1–2: Travel and Arrival in BaliLegian
You’ll depart for Bali on Day 1 and cross the International Date Line on Day 2.
Days 3–7: Legian
On Day 3, you’ll arrive in Legian, Bali. Legian’s gray-sand beaches stretch along Bali’s southwest coast, one of the island’s best spots to surf or take in Balinese culture.
- Your hotel: The Ossotel is just a stone’s throw from the ocean.
- Pura Petitenget: This elaborate Hindu temple was built in the 11th century and is said to be one of nine “eyes” that shield the island from harmful southward winds. Religious ceremonies often take place here.
- Kuta Night Market: After watching the stunning sunset from Kuta Beach, you can sample nasi goreng, a Balinese fried rice-based meal.
Days 8–10: Ubud
Condé Nast Traveler readers ranked Ubud among the top 10 travel destinations in Asia. Mirror-like rice paddies and lush green groves surround the city, which experienced a boom in tourism after it was featured in Eat, Pray, Love.
- Explore the village with a half-day tour on Day 8. You’ll see a performance of traditional Barong dance, visit the silversmiths of Celuk and a batik workshop at Tokpati, and stroll through Ubud’s central market. Afternoon high tea is served at Royal Pita Maha.
- Your hotel: Anini Raka Resort & Spa is surrounded by rice paddies and ancient temples, just a five-minute jaunt from Ubud’s city center. A spa, a pool, and a restaurant are all onsite.
- Ubud Market: Browse for colorful scarves, handmade bags, and carved wooden figures at this bazaar.
- Ubud Monkey Forest shelters long-tailed macaques amid trees, tangles of vines, and sacred temples.
We are so incredibly excited for both of our getaways. Booking through Groupon Getaways has been great. We already have our flights booked for Bali through the travel agent. Now we are working on our hotel vouchers and trying to decide which excursions we are going to book once we are there.
To book the Bali getaway, I just had to call the number on the Groupon voucher and talk with the travel agent. Each voucher has a number on it and once I gave the agent those numbers, we started the booking process. We were able to pick where we wanted to fly out of and which days worked best for us. I had our flight information emailed to me within a few days of the process starting.
The travel agent advised me we should have all of the rest of our travel documents in the next couple of weeks. We will then get to finalize our trip and get everything ready to head to Bali.
We will be sharing additional posts as we head to the Salish Lodge and to Bali in the upcoming weeks and months. Plus, keep an eye out on the hashtag #MyGrouponGetaway to see what amazing trips are being planned this month by great bloggers.