How often do you think about your cyber-security? Every time I talk to my parents about being on the computer I start to get worried. You see my Dad likes to open random emails, click on funky links and just browse the internet without much forethought as to what he is clicking on.
Somedays I am waiting for a siren to go off because my Dad has opened up a vortex of issues and they are all raining down on his computer. I know this sounds extreme but seriously he is click happy! To help combat the potential raining down of cyber issues I am setting up the Dojo Cyber-Security solution at my parent’s house.
I love that the Dojo is super easy to set up and alerts you when there are threats to your cyber-security. Once the app is on your phone you get alerts when your system is being attacked, breached or there are issues. Plus all you have to do is look at the Dojo and the lights on top alert you to any system issues or problems.
It runs on a 3 color system so it is easy to see what is happening at a glace. I know my Mom will love being able to glance up and make sure that there are no issues as my Dad is clicking away on his computer.
Setting up the Dojo by Bullgard
The first thing you need to know is it takes 4 aa batteries to set up the Dojo. I didn’t realize this and had to make a run to the store because all of our extra batteries were not charged. LOL!
The second thing you need to know is the hardest part of setting up the Dojo is deciding where it is going to live. Once you have a spot picked out make sure that the Dojo is close enough to an open electrical outlet and also your wi-fi router. The Dojo will need to connect to both of these to be set up.
You can set up the Dojo with an existing service provider router in addition to a personal router. There are easy to follow instructions in the box with the Dojo.
You will also need to download the Dojo by Bullgard app to complete set up. I was able to find the app in the playstore without a problem.
Check out these Key Features
Simple Setup: Connect Dojo to your Wi-Fi router, download Dojo App and dojo does the rest. Should you need assistance, Dojo team is available via phone, chat or email
· Dojo is easy to use with real-time status information and notifications
· Dojo App keeps you informed of all the devices connected to your Wi-Fi network, let’s you block unauthorized devices, keeps you informed of risk and privacy breach when Dojo detects and blocks
· Dojo also has a simple visual indicator to go along with the App notifications, the pebble will light as well. Green – Good, Yellow – Dojo found something and took care of it, Red – breach was blocked and may require input
· Dojo brings Enterprise-Grade Security to the home and all the smart devices connected to the network
· Intelligent Learning – constantly studies your home network to enhance protection at all times
· One year service included and $9.99/month after one year. No contract or commitment required
Dojo by BullGuard retails for $199 USD, including the first 12-months of service, and is available for purchase online at bestbuy.com, and on shelves at BestBuy stores nationwide.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free