Super Cute DIY Suitcase Pet Bed! I love this DIY Suitcase Pet Bed! It is so cute and can be customized to fit your house.
We all love our pets and want them to have a cute fun place to rest their heads. This Suitcase Pet Bed is a fun easy DIY project. I love that it is not labor-intensive and you don't have to spend days on the project.
How to Make a Suitcase Pet Bed
Create this super cute DIY Suitcase Pet Bed out of an old suitcase in just minutes.
Old suitcase (Look for ones with the hard shell. They are not only durable but can be wiped clean)
1 package of cotton or poly batting
1 yard of fabric in your choice of color/pattern. Choose an easy to care for fabric that will wash well.
Hot glue and a glue gun
1. Begin by washing the suitcase well. A magic eraser works great on the outside of the suitcase while you can use a spot treatment on the inside. Febreeze or baking soda is also great to help eliminate musty odors.
2. Fluff up your batting as you want the bed to be nice and full. Place the batting inside of the suitcase. You want to place enough so the batting runs over the edges just a tad.
3. Take your fabric and lay it over the batting. Tuck the fabric into the sides so the top is nice and smooth.
4. Secure the fabric into place by applying hot glue to the insides of the suitcase and pressing the fabric to it. This will keep the fabric in place as your pet jumps off and on the bed.
5. If you are worried about your pet becoming closed in the suitcase, you can always prop the lid with something or remove it by simply removing the hardware holding it in place. Otherwise, the lid is great for adding embellishments such as toys, a mirror, or a pouch for grooming items.
To travel with your pet bed, just close it up and go!
To clean the bed, you can spot treat it or gently pull the fabric from the sides of the suitcase. Wash the fabric and glue it back into place.
Additional DIY/Project posts
Life quotes - perfect for scrapbooking
Travel Quotes - great for scrapbooking and Instagram