This week started off with a travel adventure! We were due to leave Spokane at 5 am to head to Seattle and then LA to try and photograph Channel Islands National Park again. For some reason getting to this park seems to be an adventure.
We tried a couple of weeks ago and were not able to make it onto the islands though we did do an amazing wildlife cruise around Anacapa Island with Island Packers! That was the highlight of that trip. This week we were planning on going back out with Island Packers to see more of the park.
When we arrived at the airport, we found out our flight was delayed, so we enjoyed some chai tea and got a little work done. The winter weather that has been hitting the PNW is not fantastic for travel.
One thing I can say is travel is always an adventure! Since I had time sitting in the airport, I filled out this random odd things about me list.
Odd things about me….
1. Do you like blue cheese? Most of the time no, but I do try it when it is on a cheese plate.
2. Have you ever smoked? No
3. Have you ever owned a chicken? No
4. What is your favorite flavor? Chai Tea…is that a flavor
5. Do you get nervous before going to a Doctor’s appointment? yes
6. What do you think of hotdogs? No thank you
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Whatever is playing on the tv.
8. What do you prefer to drink? Chai tea
9. Do you do push-ups? no, but I should
10. What’s your favorite piece jewelry? My wedding ring
11. What’s your favorite hobby? traveling
12. Do you have A.D.D.? I don’t think so
13. What’s the one thing you hate? hmm hate is a strong term
14 . Middle name? Ann
15. Name three thoughts at this moment.
#1 I love my husband
#2 I wish I had a chai tea right now
#3 My cat likes raspberry yogurt which is so odd
16. How many speeding tickets have you had? 1
17. Worry right now? Will I make it onto my flight and get out of Spokane
18. Current hate right now? nothing
19. Favorite place to be? Anyplace I am with my husband
20. How did you bring in the New Year? In bed
21. Where would you like go? South Pacific, Antarctica, So many places.
22. Astrological sign? Leo
23. Do you own slippers? Yes
24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? Tye Died shirt from Stillwater, Oklahoma
25. Do you like sleeping on silk? No
26. Can you whistle? Sure
27. Favorite Color? purple, blue, green, the ocean
28. What song do you sing in the shower? I don’t sing; it is for the best
29. Favorite girls name?
31. Favorite boys name? John, I might be biased because of my husband
32. What’s in your pocket right now? Nothing maybe a plane ticket
33. Last thing that you made? Breakfast burrito
34. Best present as a child? Time with my grandparents
35. Worst injury/illness? Gallstones
36. Where would you love to live? Someplace tropical
37. How many TV’s do you have in your house? 1
38: Who’s your loudest friend? Rhonda
39. How many dogs do you have? One if you count Whitaker next door who is always here.
40. Does someone trust you? Absolutely
41. What book are you reading? A couple of business books
42. What’s your favorite candy? KitKats
42. What’s your favorite sports team? Seahawks
43. Is missing now? Chai tea
44. What song do you want to be played at your funeral? Something fun, upbeat, and inspirational
We thankfully made it to Seattle but then found out that we had missed our flight to LAX. Have I mentioned travel is always an adventure? We ended up changing to a flight back to Palm Springs and then driving to LA from there. I never imagined I would be back in Palm Springs barely 72 hours after leaving there.
The drive from Palm Springs to LAX was super easy and randomly fun. We found these dinosaurs on the side of the road which led to a few minutes of amusing photo taking. Plus there was an In and Out and Starbucks in the same parking..heck yeah!
We made it to our Airbnb and LOVED IT! I will have more on the house we stayed in and a killer deal coming up soon! Trust me it is soo good!
While we were in LA, we thought we would try to photograph Channel Islands NPS again, but a funny thing happened…..more rain! Seriously, it rained, poured, down poured and just dumped rain while we were in LA. We ended up spending almost the entire time holed up in the house working/reading. I managed to read three books and take multiple naps. It felt so good just to sit back and relax. Something we rarely take the time to do.
We did make it to a new brewery in Ventura that we hadn’t visited before called Anacapa Brewing Company. John loved that the brewery was named for one of the islands in Channel Islands National Park.
They had a really fun menu including mac and cheese with bacon and spam. They also had a delicious mac and cheese pizza with a white garlic sauce that I now dream of having again. So not good for you but holy delicious.
Speaking of holy deliciousness but probably not great for you, we headed back to the Waypoint Cafe that we fell in love with during our last visit to Ventura County. This time I had an enchilada omelet. Yes, you read that correctly. Wrapped inside this omelet is a cheese enchilada and then there is another one on top plus a whole lot of cheese and yummy enchilada sauce. You guys…this was amazing! Seriously amazing! Please let me have this in my life again soon amazing!
If you are anywhere near Ventura County, YOU NEED to go to the Waypoint Cafe! Really it is a must! Finish this post, hop in your car, and head that way it is so good!
Randomly as we wandered a bit in Ventura, we came across the birthplace of Perry Mason. So random but fun!
So thankful for lounge access and the Alaska Lounge having great tables and beer for John. As you can see we were both pretty darn happy to relax in the lounge. I had chai tea, and he had a killer IPA.
We flew home late Wednesday night and thankfully made it into Spokane. The weather was still pretty ugly with freezing rain and snow. The rest of the week was spent trying to stay warm, working, processing photos and drinking way too much Chai Tea.
On Tuesday we will have a fun announcement coming out that we are really excited for! Keep an eye out for a post on Tuesday!
Have a great week!
Wine of the week – Thailand wine from a gas station
As we continue to drink through some of the random wines, we have been bringing home from our travels tonight’s wine came from Thailand. It came from a random gas station in Northern Thailand in the Loei province. Now I am pretty sure Thailand is not known for its wine which may be a good thing after trying this wine. At least I think it is wine….
It was only a couple of dollars and well it honestly tasted like gas station wine. It had zero scent when we poured it into a glass. John managed to try a sip of it and that was more than enough.
Next week I think we are going to try a wine from Athens, Greece that we picked up on a Mediterranean cruise.