The Carnival Freedom recently underwent a huge multi-million dollar renovation!
Carnival Freedom photo- Pre-renovation
. The new and enhanced experiences include:
- WaterWorks: Featuring a 203-foot-long AquaTunnel slide and Carnival’s signature 212-foot-long Twister slide along with a 75-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket and SplashZone area for kids.
- Bonsai Express: the success of the full-service Bonsai Sushi restaurants has spawned this casual spot, featuring a mouth-watering array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and more.
- Expanded Retail Spaces: a mall-style shopping area lined with retail outlets offering fine jewelry, watches, fragrances, and more along with the line’s own branded spaces including the all-new Carnival Adventures shop. The new shop offers everything guests need to maximize their fun on board and ashore, from snorkel gear and swim fins to sunscreen and waterproof backpacks.
- Mini-Golf Course: A nine-hole miniature golf course has been relocated to Deck 11, providing a fun and relaxing pastime for families to enjoy in the fresh sea air.
- Re-Branded Deli: Located on Deck 9, the newly expanded Deli offers a tantalizing menu of piled-high sandwiches, paninis, and traditional sides.
These complement the wide array of popular experiences onboard Carnival Freedom, including Guy’s Burger Joint created by Food Network star Guy Fieri, the poolside BlueIguana Tequila Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar, and BlueIguana Cantina, along with favorites like a classic American steakhouse, Punchliner Comedy Club, the cocktail pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar, and the Caribbean-inspired RedFrog Pub.
Family-friendly options include Seuss at Sea operated exclusively with Dr. Seuss Enterprises that includes the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with The Cat in The Hat and Friends and an all-ages reading venue called Dr. Seuss Bookville, along with fun supervised programming for kids ages 2-17.
Following the dry dock, Carnival Freedom resumed its year-round schedule of six- and seven-day Caribbean cruises from Galveston that visit top destinations in Jamaica, Mexico, Belize, and Grand Cayman.