I was not a tea drinker until I got married. I grew up in a soda house and pretty much lived on diet soda up until getting married. John grew up in the South and thought it was crazy that I did not drink tea. Well many years later I am now a tea drinker and have given up soda. One of my favorite treats when we are out and about is tea. I thought it would be fun to make this Copy Cat McDonalds Sweet Tea and see how it turned out.
This is such a cheap recipe to make! Oh my goodness a couple of tea bags, water and sugar and you have a 2 quart jug of sweet tea ready to go!
Copy Cat McDonalds Sweet Tea
2 quarts water
3 Lipton Tea bags
1 cup sugar
1. bring water to a boil over high heat
2. When water starts to be a rolling boil remove from heat
3. add in the tea bags and cover pot, allow tea to steep for 1 hour and then remove tea bags
4. Add 1 cup of sugar to 2 quart pitcher and then add tea
5. Stire to dissolve sugar, serve over ice
So I have to admit something that is funny yet embarrassing about this post….
When I started typing this post I realized that I had mistakenly written sweat instead of sweet tea. Yep! I almost posted about sweat tea which I am pretty sure would not taste anywhere near as good as this Copy Cat McDonalds Sweet Tea. Thankfully and hopefully none of us will try sweat tea any time soon.