There is nothing quite like leaving the house heading out on vacation! You dream of this moment for months before it happens. Today we are sharing 20 things not to forget to do before you leave on vacation.
Let’s be honest the days leading up to vacation are spent thinking about soaking up the sun, enjoying a frosty beverage or 3 and everything else that is going to happen once you are on vacation. These are our tips for things that need to get done before you head out the door. A quick and easy 20 things that won’t take hours to accomplish but will make your life so much easier when you are gone.
20 Things Not to Forget to do before you leave on Vacation
1. Stop the mail while you are gone
2. Contact your Credit Card Company
3. Arrange for pet sitting or boarding
4. Laundry – Leave the washer and dryer doors left open to air out
5. Dishes – leave the dishwasher door open to air out
6. Pay bills or set up automatic payments
7. Remove items from your wallet that you won’t need while gone
8. Make backup copies of important documents also store them in dropbox or OneNote so you can access them online
9. Check your auto insurance and credit card for rental car coverage if renting a car
10. Pack snacks and reading material so you don’t have to buy them last minute at the airport
11. Clean out your fridge
12. Take all of the trash out of the house
13. Make sure all electronics are charged before packing them
14. Make your bed so it is ready for you to crawl into it when you get home
15. Email yourself copies of important documents and itineraries so you have them on your phone
16. Set lamps on a timer so they turn on and off during the day
17. Water plants
18. Take photos of all medications and store them in your phone
19. Pull money out in small bills so you have it for tips
20. TAKE A MOMENT TO SMILE you are going on vacation!!!!