Yeah, cupcake Saturday! I hope you all are enjoying these new cupcakes each Saturday as much as I am! Hello yum! Plus how can you go wrong kicking off the weekend with a great new cupcake recipe? Today we are sharing a Blueberry Lemonade Cupcake Recipe! Perfect for summer or well any day that you want a sweet treat.
We hope you have been enjoying a new cupcake recipe every Saturday! We are sharing over 60 new Cupcake Recipes on the blog this year! Our goal is to make birthday party planning, summer barbecues and picnics, family desserts and really any day of the week just a bit sweeter with a delicious cupcake. Let us know if there are flavors you would like to see us share.
Blueberry Lemonade Cupcake Recipe
½ cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
2 egg whites
1 ¾ cup cake flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup whole milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup blueberry puree
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line cupcake pans with liners
Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl
Use an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time
Add flour mixture, alternating with milk.
Beat on medium speed to create a cake-like batter.
Stir in puree and mix until the batter turns blue.
Using an ice cream scoop, add into paper liners
Bake for 18 minutes check by a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
Cool 5 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool for 20 minutes
2 cups fresh blueberries
¼ cup sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
Add all the ingredients for the puree ingredients in a food processor, and puree until smooth.
Place puree in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
Cook 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
Cool slightly for a warm sauce, completely before adding to a batter. Store in the refrigerator.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
6 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
Beat butter for 4 minutes with whisk attachment on an electric mixer in a chilled medium sized bowl
Add powdered sugar and lemonade.
Beat an additional 3-5 minutes, until smooth and fluffy
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
- Cupcake Ingredients
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter room temp
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 ¾ cup Cake flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¾ cup Whole Milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Blueberry Puree
- Blueberry Puree Ingredients
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 4 cups Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 6 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cupcake Directions
- Line cupcake pans with liners
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl
- Use an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, alternating with milk.
- Beat on medium speed to create a cake-like batter .
- Stir in puree and mix until the batter turns blue.
- **Blueberry Puree Directions
- Add all the ingredients for the puree ingredients in a food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Place puree in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add into paper liners
- Bake for 18 minutes check by a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool 5 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool for 20 minutes
- Frosting Directions:
- Beat butter for 4 minutes with whisk attachment on an electric mixer in a chilled medium sized bowl
- Add powdered sugar and lemonade.
- Beat an additional 3-5 minutes, until smooth and fluffy
Delicious and fun Easy Homemade from Scratch Blueberry Lemonade Cupcake Recipe great for birthday parties, desserts, picnics, summer barbecues
Would this work for a cake? I'm just not sure what the cooking times/temperature would be. Really want to make this for my daughters birthday cake!
I am not sure on making this as a cake. We have only made them as cupcakes. You may be able to use the same recipe and change the timing to make the cake but we haven't tried it.
How does the frosting turn blue if it's just powdered suger , butter and lemonade
i think this would be really good with raspberry instead of blueberry, too.
How many cupcakes does this recipe make?
it makes about 12
Omg, these look amazing. I'll have to try this for my birthday. I know it tastes amazing.
I haven't tried blueberries and lemons together in a cupcake but these pictures look amazing and now I totally want to try it. Sounds delicious!
I've never had a blueberry lemonade cupcake. The combination of the two sounds very flavorful!
Blueberry and lemonade??? I must try these! They look and sound super delicious.
Oh I love the colors and pinned it to my Dessert board for later. They look delicious!!