I am so excited to share these Easy Bunny Cupcakes that take minutes to prepare. They are perfect for a spring party or Easter.
Easy Bunny Cupcakes
A few weeks ago Wilton Baking sent over a box of epic Easter baking supplies. The box had the most amazing blue cupcake pan, easter baking decorations, and easy-to-use icing pouches.
My brain instantly started plotting what all I could bake and create for a fun Easter dessert. It is hard to believe it is already time to prep for Easter and Spring but it is April.
I wanted to make a super easy no stress dessert that could be made quickly. I also wanted an Easter cupcake that the whole family could be involved in making if you wanted.
I came up with these easy Easter bunny cupcakes using the Wilton Glitter Bunny Ears to streamline making these cupcakes super cute.
Combined with a funfetti cake mix, white icing, coconut, and a pastel candy for the nose.
I even found a Wilton Carrot Shaped Whisk while shopping at Target and had to pick it up. It was too cute not to use. LOL!
- Funfetti Cake mix or a flavor of your choice plus mixing ingredients (Eggs, Water, and Oil)
- White frosting/icing
- Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- Pink pastel chocolate candy - Easter M&Ms work great.
- Cupcake/Muffin Pan - We use a 12 muffin pan for this recipe.
- Wilton Glitter Bunny Ears
- Cupcake Liners - Brown
- Large Mixing Bowl - We are big fans of this glass batter bowl that has a handle. It makes it easy to mix ingredients and keeps the mixing bowl steady on the counter.
- Whisk/Mixing Spoon
How to make Bunny Cupcakes
Don't forget to preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Step 1 - Prepare cupcake batter according to the box directions. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
We use a large cookie scoop to fill the cupcake pan. Make sure to fill each cupcake ¾ of the way full so your cupcakes puff up over the top of the liner when they bake. You want to have ample cupcake to cover in icing and coconut flakes.
Make sure the cupcakes cool completely before frosting the top.
Step 2 - Cover cupcakes with white vanilla frosting so there is enough icing for the coconut to easily stick to the cupcake.
Step 3 - Add shredded coconut to a bowl and gently roll iced cupcake in the icing until it is coated. If there are bare spots on the cupcake you can sprinkle additional coconut flakes over the top.
For easy clean up put a piece of parchment paper under the bowl to catch any excess coconut flakes.
Step 4 - Add Bunny ears and pink nose, enjoy!
We suggest using a white cake mix but you can easily use any flavor you enjoy.
You can add a mini marshmallow to the back of the cupcakes to make a bunny butt.
Great Easter Recipes
Check out all of our Easter Recipes
Don't miss all of the amazing cake mix recipes we have shared!
Easy Bunny Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners
- Prepare cake mix according to the box instructions. Fill muffin pan ¾ full so the cupcakes bake with a nice top.
- Cool cupcakes completely before icing with white frosting. Dip frosted cupcakes in a bowl with shredded coconut.
- Add bunny ears and a pink candy nose.