Chocolate with a bit of spicyness...yes please! Today we celebrate another Cupcake Saturday! I hope you all are loving these cupcake recipes as much as we are! There is just something so fantastic about kicking off the weekend with a new cupcake flavor. I love it! This Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe is the perfect combination of chocolate with a bit of a kick. Not too crazy but enough that you know it is there.
Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
This year is all about cupcake recipes! From sweet to tangy we are sharing a new recipe every week!
- Baking cocoa
- Baking soda
- Cayenne pepper
- Half & half
- Vegetable oil
- Sweet cream
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy whipping cream
Great Dessert Recipes
- 1 C sweet cream
- 4 C Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl ADD the following: flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, vanilla, eggs, vegetable oil, milk and half and half.
- Mix on low for 30 seconds.
- Mix on high for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper lined cupcake tins ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes
- Add sweet cream and powder sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix on high until sweet cream and powder sugar is thoroughly mixed.
- If it does not mix add the heavy whipping cream. (Again remember to be patient with the sweet cream and powder sugar.)
- Check to see if the frosting can form and keep a stiff peak. If not add more powder sugar and mix until it can form and keep that stiff peak.
- Using a pastry bag and a large tip frost the cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the freshly frosted cupcakes.