Delicious easy Sausage Biscuit and Gravy Casserole! The perfect comfort food for brunch, breakfast, or dinner. Honestly, there is no wrong time to enjoy this great breakfast biscuit casserole with sausage gravy.
Sausage Biscuit and Gravy Casserole
My amazing husband grew up in Alabama and loves southern comfort foods. I grew up near Seattle and honestly had no clue what southern comfort foods were until we started dating.
When we started traveling throughout the south to visit his family and national parks I fell in love with making southern recipes. I have spent the past few years really working on expanding my Northwest cooking and bringing more flavors from not only the south but around the world.
This biscuit and gravy casserole is one of my favorite comfort foods to make for John. I honestly love that it used refrigerator biscuits because I have not quite mastered making great southern biscuits that do not turn into hockey pucks! Any tips are greatly appreciated.
I am working on a copycat Cracker Barrel Biscuit recipe that I am hoping to share soon. Being home the past few months has been the perfect time to dive into some of the recipes we always talk about making but haven't gotten to before now.
Are you baking/cooking a ton right now?
Biscuit and Gravy Casserole Ingredients
- Breakfast Sausage
- Refrigerator Biscuits
Mix n Chop - We use the mix n chop to break up the sausage and love it.
I find it easier to make when I measure out all of my ingredients and have them lined up ready to go. This way you can easily get the gravy mixed and not have to stress that the flour is burning or you don't have enough milk.
Make sure to spray your baking dish with non-stick spray to make it a lot easier to dish up this casserole and to clean it afterward.
I love using a hamburger chopper to help break up the breakfast sausage.
We use buttermilk or layered refrigerator biscuits depending on what we have available. You can use the butter-flavored biscuits if you want even more flavor.
When you spread the biscuits try to give them room to puff up while baking. They will fill in the casserole dish as they bake.
Great Southern Recipes
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
Do you love recipes? Check out our copycat recipes, dessert recipes, and our CrockPot Recipes.
Follow Tammilee Tips on MSN, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for all of our recipe posts.
Sausage Biscuit and Gravy Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound Breakfast sausage
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 3 cups Milk
- 16.3 oz Refrigerator Biscuits
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray
- Cook breakfast sausage over medium heat until browned and completely cooked. Remove sausage from skillet and place in casserole dish
- Add butter to skillet with sausage drippings. Once the butter is melted add in flour, salt, and pepper and stir until thickened and turning brown.
- Pour in milk, stir frequently until milk simmers, cook for a few minutes until thickened
- Pour gravy over sasuage in the caserrole dishe.
- Cut refrigerator biscuits into quarters and place on top of sausage mixture
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until the biscuits are brown.
Leave a Reply