These delicious Crockpot Bourbon Baked Beans are perfect for a family barbecue, summer dinner, or any day of the week.
Crockpot Bourbon Baked Beans
These slow-cooker baked beans are so easy to make! They take a few minutes to prep, and then the crockpot does all the work for you.
I love making these for a family barbecue! You can prep them in the morning and have them cook until the barbecue starts. They transport well if you need to drive to an event.
We make these CrockPot baked beans with bourbon in our slow cooker with a latching lid. I feel better putting it in the car, knowing the food has a latch mechanism to secure it. The idea of baked beans sloshing around in the car is scary. LOL!
These bourbon baked beans are perfect for summer parties, barbecues, the 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, or any time you want an epic side dish that is easy to make.
The slow cooker melds all the flavors to make a delicious Bourbon baked bean side dish. This pairs perfectly with burgers, grilled avocados, and hanging out with great friends.
Here is a quick overview of the simple ingredients needed to make epic CrockPot Bourbon Baked Beans! The printable recipe card at the bottom of the post includes specific measurements and step-by-step instructions.
- Pork and Beans
- Northern Beans
- Cannellini Beans
- Brown Sugar
- Yellow Mustard
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Large Spoon
- Crockpot - We suggest using a crockpot that has a digital timer that automatically switches the slow cooker to warm after a set amount of time. This helps make sure your dinner cooks perfectly and you don't have to stress about what time it is going to be done.
- Serving bowl - if you don't plan to serve directly from the slow cooker pot
How to Make CrockPot Bourbon Baked Beans
I've included complete instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, but here's a quick version.
- Cook bacon and remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook onions in bacon grease.
- Add onions, bacon, pork and beans, northern beans, cannellini beans, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, bourbon, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir together, cover, and cook
Preparation and Storage
Make Ahead: This slow cooker Bourbon Baked Beans recipe takes four hours to come together in your CrockPot, giving you time to work on other menu items or simply relax until it’s time to eat.
Storage: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container and enjoy them within three to four days.
Freezing/How to Freeze: Freeze leftover beans in an airtight, freezer-safe container or Ziploc bag and enjoy them within three months.
How to Reheat: You can reheat leftover portions using your microwave, stovetop, or a CrockPot set to low, depending on how much you need to heat up.
If you can't find northern beans or cannellini beans, switch them out for any other white beans (pinto beans).
You can use light or dark brown sugar in this recipe, depending on what you have in your pantry. The only difference between the two types is how much molasses they contain.
These bourbon baked beans could also be made with smoked sausage
Vegetarian + Vegan Option:
Bacon and canned pork and beans are the two meat-based ingredients in this dish. Replace them with meatless substitutes for a fantastic vegetarian CrockPot recipe!
Vegetarians and vegans should also replace the Worcestershire sauce with a suitable alternative. Traditional Worcestershire sauce contains anchovies.
To avoid cross-contamination, gluten-free eaters should look for a gluten-free label on each canned and packaged ingredient, including Worcestershire sauce. This ingredient may contain barley malt vinegar, which is unsafe for a gluten-free diet.
Alcohol-Free Option: Replace the bourbon with a non-alcoholic bourbon to make this recipe alcohol-free.
Smaller Serving Size + Larger Group/More Servings: The written recipe makes 16 servings of slow cooker Bourbon Baked Beans. Scale the written recipe up or down to your desired yield, working in batches as needed if you scale up.
Make It Spicy: Add more cayenne pepper to spice up your beans!
Sugar-Free: The written recipe contains 10 grams of sugar per serving. Replace the molasses and brown sugar with sugar-free alternatives and each packaged and canned ingredient that isn’t a spice with sugar-free substitutes to make this recipe sugar-free.
Tips for the Best CrockPot Bourbon Baked Beans
- You will want to use at least a 6-quart CrockPot to have room to stir the beans without them sloshing over the sides.
- For a thicker sauce, turn the crockpot to high and let it cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- We love serving this as a side for ribs.
What to Serve with CrockPot Bourbon Baked Beans
These slow-cooker Bourbon Baked Beans are a yummy combination of sweet meets savory and are ready to dazzle at your next summer barbecue or picnic! Here are some menu pairing suggestions.
Sides: Broccoli Casserole, Apple Stuffing, Carrot Soufflé, BLT Pasta Salad, Southern Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Air Fryer Baked Potato, Jiffy Cornbread with Sour Cream, Sweet Potato Casserole with Candied Yams, Southern Style Green Beans, Hasselback Potatoes, Air fried corn on the cob
Main Dishes: CrockPot Chili Mac and Cheese, CrockPot Bacon Mac and Cheese, CrockPot Ham & Cheese Grits, CrockPot Beer Chili, CrockPot Cuban Pork Sandwiches, Buffalo Chicken Wontons, CrockPot Bacon Ranch Chicken, CrockPot Buffalo Sloppy Joes, Hamburger or cheeseburgers
Desserts: Red Velvet Brownies, Chocolate Coconut 5 Layer Bars, CrockPot Mixed Berry Cobbler, Black Bean Brownies, Easy Homemade Banana Bread, Salty & Sweet Ruffles Marshmallow Treats, Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies, Molasses Cookies
When to Serve
- Fourth of July
- Family and Friends Gatherings
Great Recipe Collections
Vegetable side dishes - are fantastic to bring to events or have for family meals.
Ground Beef Crockpot Recipes - Easy Ground Beef Crockpot Recipes perfect for every occasion! From family dinners to potlucks these ground beef recipes are perfect!
5 ingredient or less desserts - Easy desserts that taste great and take 5 ingredients or less.
Easy Dump Cake Recipes - including crockpot dump cakes and oven-based dump cakes! These are the perfect potluck and holiday desserts.
Sloppy Joe Sides - This recipe is one of our favorite side dishes to pair with the sloppy Joe.
Rotel Recipes - From Rotel Dip to chicken spaghetti with Rotel and Rotel Cheese Dip this collection of Rotel recipes include all the very best. Appetizers, Main Dishes, and even bread taste better with a bit of Rotel!
Crockpot Bourbon Baked Beans
- 8 pieces Bacon
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 45 oz pork and beans undrained (3 - 15oz cans)
- 15 oz Northern Beans Drained and rinsed
- 15 oz Cannelini Beans Drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Molasses
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- 2 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Cook bacon, remove to a paper towel lined plate
- Cook onions in bacon grease
- Add onions, bacon, pork and beans, northern beans, cannelini beans, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, bourbon, yellow mustard, worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir together, cover and cook on low for 4 hours
- After 4 hours remove lid and stir beans, turn heat to high to thicken sauce if it is to runny.