I love when my husband casually mentions that he would love for me to make a recipe…That is what happened with this Crock-Pot Cherries Jubilee recipe.
We were sitting watching TV and John oh so casually turns to me and says “You know…we have not had cherries jubilee since our last cruise” with a smile.
I asked if that was a subtle hint that he would like me to make cherries jubilee for him. He nodded and said he would not complain if I just happen to make it this week.
So here we go…Crock Pot Cherries Jubilee
Crock Pot Cherries Jubilee
There is something so perfect about making crockpot dessert recipes. You can set them up and truly forget them until you are ready to serve them.
I love serving slow cooker recipes for holidays and events. You can let go of some of the stress of trying to have everything done at the same time and just trust that the crockpot is going to take care of it for you.
This recipe would be great for Christmas or Thanksgiving. You can set it up a couple of hours before you are going to serve dinner and by the time everyone is done with their entrees you are ready to serve dessert.
Just pick up some pound cake, chocolate cake, and/or vanilla ice cream to pair it with!
I am so amazed that we first shared this recipe in May of 2013! So hard to believe that it has been over six years since we first started making this amazing dessert. It is still one of our favorites.
Ingredients needed to make Cherries Jubilee in the Crockpot
2 cans pitted dark sweet cherries in heavy syrup (15 to 19oz) -I used Walmart brand cherry pie filling and it worked great.
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 tbsp corn starch
3 tbsp cold water
How to make Cherries Jubilee in the Slow Cooker
1. Stir canned cherries with syrup, dried cherries, sugar, orange juice and almond extract in the crockpot
2. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours
3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water, stir into the crock pot
4. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes until thickened
5. Turn to warm and enjoy
I served the Crock Pot Cherries Jubilee over pound cake and vanilla ice cream.
If you like Crock Pot Recipes check out one of our favorite desserts… Crock Pot Bananas Foster!
Recipe adapted from Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining: 100 Plus Recipes and 30 Party Plans
Crock Pot Cherries Jubilee Recipe
- 30 oz pitted dark sweet cherries in heavy syrup 2 - 15 to 19oz cans
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Stir canned cherries with syrup, dried cherries, sugar, orange juice and almond extract in the crock pot
- Cover and cool on low for 3 hours
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water, stir into crock pot
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes until thickened
- Turn to warm and enjoy