John loves Bananas Foster! It is one of his favorite treats when we are on a cruise ship. This Crock Pot Bananas Foster Recipe is the perfect combination of using the crock pot and serving John his favorite treat.
This recipe is really easy to make and takes less than an hour total. The Crock Pot Bananas Foster does make quite a bit with this recipe. We had more than enough left over after 4 of us enjoyed the Bananas Foster.
Crock Pot Banana Foster
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4 ripe bananas, cut into 1 inch slices
1/4 cup dark rum
1. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in crock pot
2. cover and cook on low for 30 to 60 minutes until butter is melted, stir well to make sure sugar is dissolved
3. Add bananas, stirring gently to coat
4. Stir in rum
5. Cover and cool on low for 15 minutes or until bananas are warm
I served the Crock Pot Bananas Foster over vanilla ice cream. The Bananas Foster would also be really good over pound cake. The Cinnamon Brown Sugar combination with the bananas is quite amazing.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 4 ripe bananas cut into 1 inch slices
- 1/4 cup dark rum
Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in crock pot
Cover and cook on low for 30 to 60 minutes until butter is melted, stir well to make sure sugar is dissolved
Add bananas, stirring gently to coat
Stir in rum
Cover and cool on low for 15 minutes or until bananas are warm