Delicious Crockpot Bananas Foster is perfect for parties or family dinner. A great combination of bananas, rum, brown sugar, and butter.
Crock-Pot Banana Foster Recipe
John loves Bananas Foster! It is one of his favorite treats when we are on a cruise ship. This Crock Pot Bananas Foster Recipe is the perfect combination of using the crock pot and serving John his favorite treat.
This recipe is really easy to make and takes less than an hour total. The Crock-Pot Bananas Foster does make quite a bit with this recipe. We had more than enough left over after 4 of us enjoyed it.
This dessert is great for parties. You can have it ready for when your guests are ready for dessert. The slow cooker keeps it warm and ready.
Great Crockpot Desserts
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Unsalted butter
- Dark rum
I served this over vanilla ice cream. It would also be really good over pound cake. The Cinnamon Brown Sugar combination with the bananas is quite amazing.
If I am being honest you could pour this over almost anything.
How can you go wrong with brown sugar and bananas combined together? Hello YUM!
Crock Pot Bananas Foster Recipe
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 4 bananas ripe, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 30 to 60 minutes until butter is melted, stir well to make sure sugar is dissolved
- Add bananas, stirring gently to coat
- Stir in rum
- Cover and cool on low for 15 minutes or until bananas are warm
Recipe adapted from Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining: 100 Plus Recipes and 30 Party Plans