Easy Crock Pot Roast Recipe with vegetables! One of the best comfort food recipes we have! This pot roast crockpot recipe is perfect for family dinner and leftovers! The slow cooker does all the work for this simple dinner recipe!
There is nothing quite like opening the door and smelling dinner done and ready for you. You just have to smile knowing that you don't have to stress about what to serve for dinner! You can change into comfy clothes, put your feet up and relax! Maybe open a bottle of wine to make the night even better.
This slow cooker pot roast recipe is so easy to make and it tastes amazing! Serve this crockpot pork roast with mashed potatoes, carrots and onions, red potatoes, and root vegetables for a filling dinner!
If you are wondering how to make pot roast in the crock pot you have come to the right place! It is so dang easy to make this delicious comfort food! There is something so nice about walking into the house and smelling this easy crockpot roast cooking and all you have to do is pop open a bottle of wine and get ready for an amazing dinner.
One of the things I love about this pork roast in crock pot recipe is you can make it all in one crockpot if you have one that browns the meat first. If you do not have that crockpot it is not hard to brown it in a pan so you get a great seasoning on all sides and a lovely sear! This helps the flavor and makes it taste even more amazing.
How long to cook Roast in Crock Pot?
The Roast cooks in the crock pot for seven to eight hours on low, you can also cook this on high for five hours.
If you love crock pot recipes check out these other great dinner entrees you can make in the crock pot!!!
Crock Pot Roast Recipe
Ingredients to make an Easy Crock Pot Roast
- Beef roast
- Garlic powder
- Baby carrots
- Beef broth
- Seasoned salt
- Ground pepper
Great Crockpot Recipes
Easy Crock Pot Roast Recipe
- Season roast in a frying pan, sear roast over high heat on all sides.
- In slow cooker, place the carrots in a single layer, top with onions.
- Place seared roast on top of the vegetables
- Pour in the broth.
- Cover and cook for approximately 7 – 8 hours.
- When cook time is complete, remove the roast and other vegetables. Set aside.
- At this point, you can continue on to make a gravy with the pan drippings by making a rue in a fry pan. Add ⅛th C flour and 3 tbsp. of butter. Fry both together to remove the flour taste, and then add the broth to thicken…. OR.. just leave the pan dripping as is, and spoon over the sliced served roast.
Recipe originally shared on April 12, 2018. Updated January 2021