It is the time of year when I just want a hot cup of comfort also known as Crock Pot Mexican Hot Chocolate. Filled with chocolatey goodness and a bit of kick this recipe is oh so delicious! I can’t get enough of it right now with the chilly weather and as I get into the holiday spirits.
It is a fun twist on regular hot chocolate. If you are not a fan of the spicy kick in the Mexican Hot Chocolate you can leave out the ancho chile or use a smaller portion. Sometimes I make two slow cookers at the same time one with Mexican Hot Chocolate and one with regular hot chocolate so everyone is happy.
Super easy to make Crock Pot Mexican Hot Chocolate Recipe! Super easy homemade hot chocolate made in the slow cooker the entire family will love! Want to make it spiked? Just add in your favorite tequila or liquor for a more adult hot chocolate!
Crock Pot Mexican Hot Chocolate
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup Half and Half
2 cups Whole Milk (or 2%)
1 ½ cup Boiling water
3 tsp Vanilla
2 tbsp Instant coffee
1 tbsp Cinnamon
8 oz Milk chocolate, shaved or chunked
1 Ancho Chili, dried
1. Put cream, half and half and milk into the slow cooker bowl
2. Add vanilla and instant coffee, and mix
3. In a separate bowl, melt and blend the chocolate in the hot water. Add the cinnamon and blend well.
4. Add this mixture to the milk mixture in the bowl.
5. Add the chili.
6. Cook on high for 2 hours, then turn to low or warm to hold for serving. Stir the mixture occasionally
When serving, serve with a generous dollop of whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes