It is the time of year when I just want a hot cup of comfort also known as Crock Pot Mexican Hot Chocolate. Filled with chocolatey goodness and a bit of kick this recipe is oh so delicious! I can't get enough of it right now with the chilly weather and as I get into the holiday spirits.
Crockpot Mexican Hot Chocolate
It is a fun twist on regular hot chocolate. If you are not a fan of the spicy kick in the Mexican Hot Chocolate you can leave out the ancho chile or use a smaller portion. Sometimes I make two slow cookers at the same time one with Mexican Hot Chocolate and one with regular hot chocolate so everyone is happy.
Want to make it spiked? Just add in your favorite tequila or liquor for a more adult hot chocolate!
You can add cinnamon to the whipped cream for a bit more flavor if you really like it spicy! This is such a fun twist on hot chocolate!
Ingredients to make Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Half and Half
- Whole Milk (or 2%)
- Boiling water
- Instant coffee
- Milk chocolate, shaved or chunked
- Ancho Chili, dried
When serving, serve with a generous dollop of whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Great Hot Chocolate Recipes
If you love hot chocolate and holiday sweet treats don't miss these great hot chocolate recipes!
I realized this week how many fun variations of Hot Chocolate we have made in the ten years we have been posting recipes.
Do you have a favorite type of Hot Chocolate?
We hope you love this Mexican Hot Chocolate Crockpot Recipe!
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 2 cups Whole Milk or 2%
- 1 ½ cup Boiling water
- 3 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoon Instant coffee
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 8 oz Milk chocolate shaved or chunked
- 1 Ancho Chili dried
- Put cream, half and half and milk into the slow cooker bowl
- Add vanilla and instant coffee, and mix
- In a separate bowl, melt and blend the chocolate in the hot water. Add the cinnamon and blend well.
- Add this mixture to the milk mixture in the bowl.
- Add the Ancho Chili
- Cook on high for 2 hours, then turn to low or warm to hold for serving. Stir the mixture occasionally
Recipe originally shared on October 13, 2016. Updated October 2020
Leave a Reply