The perfect winter treat! This Crockpot Red Velvet Hot Chocolate is a great twist on classic hot chocolate.
Crockpot Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
This Crockpot Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Recipe is so good and the perfect hot drink for Valentine's Day or a cold winter afternoon. You can even add in some creme de cacao liqueur to make this a boozy hot chocolate treat!
The weather in Spokane has been odd this winter and I am loving it! Some days feel like spring is almost here and other days are just downright cold. I am so thankful for crockpot recipes that cook all day and make the house smell amazing. All I want to do is curl up in front of the fireplace with an amazing book and relax right now.
I do have to admit that I can't believe it is already time to think about winter drinks and Valentine's Day! I feel like we are going to blink and it is going to be the Fourth of July and sweltering hot. For now, I am happy I can enjoy the fireplace and relax while playing around with new slow cooker recipes to share this year. Let me know if you are looking for any specific types of recipes!
If you love hot chocolate don't miss these other great slow cooker hot chocolate recipes!
and just in case you have people coming over who don't like hot chocolate here is a crockpot Hot Buttered Rum Recipe!
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
Yields: 4 servings
Ingredients needed to make Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- Milk or half and half cream
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Red velvet cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Red food coloring
- Creme de cacao liqueur (Optional)
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Red-colored sugar crystals (optional)
- Valentine jimmies or sprinkles
Great Red Velvet Recipes
Check out all of our Cake Mix Recipes.
Check out all of our Vegetarian Crockpot Recipes.
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- 6 Cups Milk or half and half cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup red velvet cake mix I used Duncan Hines
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 drops red food coloring
- ½ Cup Creme de Cacao Liqueur Optional
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Red colored sugar crystals optional
- Valentines Sprinkles
- Pour the milk or cream into a 1.5 quart slow cooker.
- Add the vanilla, powdered sugar, cake mix and chocolate chips. Whisk to combine.
- Turn the slow cooker to HIGH and heat the cocoa for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes. Stir in the creme de cocoa.
- Continue to cook for an additional hour, stirring after 30 minutes. If you are not serving the hot chocolate right away, reduce the heat to WARM or LOW setting until ready to serve.
- Before serving, pour the hot and steamy boozy red velvet hot chocolate into your favorite serving mugs.
- Add a generous helping of whipped cream and a sprinkling of colored sugar and/or Valentine sprinkles.
Leave a Reply