Easy to make Crock Pot Hot Chocolate made from scratch! Saves you time, energy, and stays warm all day so you can easily warm up after being out in the cold.
How many cups of hot chocolate have you made in the past week since the weather turned nasty? I am on a hot chocolate kick. I figure if it is going to be super cold out that means I must warm up with hot chocolate. I just seem like the thing you have to do.
I decided to make Crock Pot Hot Chocolate because well…
-I am tired of making it a cup at a time
-I wanted something cheaper than individual packets
-I wanted to see if it would work
-oh and I love a lot of hot chocolate
All of these seem like perfectly great reasons to make a big ole crock pot of hot chocolate. So I did…
and it was FANTASTIC!
I kept the crock pot on warm and was able to serve up cups of hot chocolate without a problem. Perfect for when everyone comes in from the cold and instantly wants a hot drink. Now you can serve a crowd without wearing out your microwave or tea kettle.
You can even set up a Hot Chocolate topping bar and let everyone customize their drinks. I love to set out whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, Nutella, marshmallows, nuts, even maraschino cherries. Whatever fun toppings you have in the house work great! Keep everyone entertained customizing their drinks to what they love!
For a fun twist on classic hot chocolate check out these fun variations!
Have you ever tried frozen whipped cream? It makes a great topper for steaming hot chocolate!
I just love how easy this homemade hot chocolate is to make in the slow cooker! A few minutes of prep and you are ready to serve a crowd. Depending on the size of your crock pot you can easily double or trip this recipe.
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
Ingredients needed to make Hot Chocolate in the Crock Pot
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup water
6 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
How to make Hot Chocolate in the Slow Cooker
1. Combine sugar, cocoa, salt and water in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture starts to simmer
2. Pour into crock pot, stir in milk
3. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours until hot, stir in vanilla
Turn to warm for serving.
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine sugar, cocoa, salt and water in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture starts to simmer
- Pour into crock pot, stir in milk
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours until hot, stir in vanilla
- Turn to warm for serving.