Do you have certain words you just struggle to spell correctly? For me it is Avocado I always have to look and double check to make sure that I spelled it correctly. I am not sure why I have such a hard time with the spelling of Avocado but I guess it could be worse. I will admit to having to look a couple of times to make sure I spelled Avocado Salsa correctly when I labeled this photo. For some reason neither Avocado or Salsa looked right to me but the dictionary said they were correct so I am going with it. Ok enough about my spelling issues and lets move on to this seriously yummy Copy Cat El Pollo Loco Avocado Salsa!
My dear and amazing Husband loves Avocados so I try to figure out as many ways as I can prepare them as I can. I love surprising him with new ways of preparing Avocados. So far the Greek Grilled Avocados were one of his favorites. I also made Avocado Butter to go with grilled shrimp which he loved.
We do not have any El Pollo Loco’s near us so I figured making this Copy Cat El Pollo Loco Avocado Salsa at home would work since we can’t hop in the car and have dinner in the restaurant.
Copy Cat El Pollo Loco Avocado Salsa
2 ripe avocados
1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and quartered
1 cup water
1 tbsp white vinegar
3/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp minced cilantro
2 tbsp diced onion
1. Combine avocados, jalapeno, water, vinegar and salt in a food processer.
2. Puree for several seconds until jalapeno is minced
3. Pour into a bowl, stir in cilantro and onion
4. Cover and chill until ready to serve
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- Combine avocados, jalapeno, water, vinegar and salt in a food processer
- Puree for several seconds until jalapeno is minced
- Pour into a bowl, stir in cilantro and onion
- Cover and chill until ready to serve