Today we are sharing a Bacon Jalapeno Pepper Cheese bread recipe which I think you all will love. How can you go wrong with bacon, cheese, and jalapenos! Hello yum!
Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Bread
Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! We just got back from a quick weekend to Denver to visit Rocky Mountain National Park with John's family.
It was a quick whirlwind adventure I can't wait to share soon. This was our first time visiting the area and it was amazing. I am still fighting whatever virus has made me under the weather the past week or so.
My throat still feels like it is swallowing razor blades and I just want to sleep all day which is not very productive when you run your own business. Hopefully, I will start to feel better soon. I have a call into the doctor to see if I need to go back in or wait it out.
- Cooked bacon
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Cream cheese
- Shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- Vegetable oil
Great Jalapeno Recipes
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Bread Recipe
- 2 cups Bacon cooked
- 3 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese soften
- ¼ C Diced Jalapeno or more if you like it "HOT"
- 2 C Shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 ½ C buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a glass loaf pan (9x5 is what I used) with Pam Spray -In a large bowl combine (work together) with your hands the cream cheese, diced jalapenos, cooked and chopped bacon, and shredded cheese
- Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl. (flour, baking powder, salt and sugar) Mix together,
- Add the cream cheese mixture with the dry mixture.
- Fold in the vegetable oil and buttermilk with the combined mixture
- Spoon this Bacon Jalapeno pepper cheesy bread into loaf pan.
- Bake for up to 55 minutes.
- Check to see if done at the 45 to 50 minute mark.
- Remove from the oven,
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cool for up to 30 minutes then remove from pan.
Recipe originally shared on June 15, 2015. Updated December 2020
Thank you for sharing!
I will make this tomorrow! Yum!
Wow - this looks delicious. I love that you made it from scratch.
This sounds like a super flavorful bread. I think my son might really enjoy it.
I cannot do jalepenos but everyone else in my family can. This bread is beautiful. Good job.
That looks fantastic! I love homemade bread to begin with, and this spicy, cheesy bread seems like a winner to me!
This sounds amazing! I've never had jalapenos in anything baked before (except for jalapeno poppers - which we prefer to fry) but this sounds like it'll be packed with flavor!