I love Olive Garden! I also love being able to make Copy Cat Olive Garden recipes at home. There are times when I do not feel like heading into town for dinner or I really only want a specific treat so I make them at home. I love this Copy Cat Olive Garden Lemon Cake Recipe!
Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake Recipe
This Copy Cat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake Recipe tastes amazing! Between this recipe and the Copy Cat Olive Garden Breadsticks I am one happy gal!
The Lemon Cake at Olive Garden is John's favorite! He would happily have it any day he can.
What are your favorite Copy Cat Recipes? Do you enjoy making your favorite restaurant meals at home?
White Cake -Prepare with box instructions
Lemon Cream Filling
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon juice
- Heavy whipping cream
Vanilla crumb topping
- All-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
Large Mixing Bowl - We are big fans of this glass batter bowl that has a handle. It makes it easy to mix ingredients and keeps the mixing bowl steady on the counter.
Hand Mixer/Stand Mixer - You can mix this with either a hand mixer or your stand mixer.
Heat resistant potholders - A couple of years ago we had a fire scare when we didn't realize we had turned a burner on and a cloth potholder caught fire. Thankfully we walked by the kitchen and saw the smoke and were able to get it out ourselves. Since then we have only used these heat-resistant potholders.
You can make one round cake and cut it in half when it is cool or make 2 9 inch cakes.
Make sure your cream cheese is at least room temperature. It will make it easier to mix with the confectioner's sugar.
You can pre-make the crumb texture and keep it in the fridge until you need it.
I refrigerate the leftover Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake if there is any. The cake tastes amazing the next day.
Great Olive Garden Recipes
If you love Olive Garden make sure to check out these other great Olive Garden Recipes!
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli Soup
This recipe is featured in our collection of Cream Cheese Recipes.
Do you love recipes? Check out our copycat recipes, dessert recipes, and our CrockPot Recipes.
Follow Tammilee Tips on MSN, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for all of our recipe posts.
Copy Cat Olive Garden Lemon Cake Recipe
- White Cake -Prepare with box instructions
Lemon Cream Filling
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 cups Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 4 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Vanilla crumb topping
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- pinch Salt
- ¼ cup Butter softened
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Prepare white cake mix according to box instructions, allow cake to cool completely
- Prepare lemon cream filling, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar until smooth, mix in lemon juice
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form, combine in cream cheese mixture by hand until well blended
- Make crumb topping, combine flour, powdered sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and dribble in the vanilla.
- Use your hands to mix the butter into the flour/sugar mix until it is crumbly
- Chill the mixture in the fridge, keep topping cold until you are ready to use it
- When the cake is cool, slice it through the middle and remove the top
- Spread ½ of the lemon cream mixture onto the cake and then replace with top of cake
- Spread remaining lemon cream mixture over the top of the cake and sides
- Sprinkle the crumb topping on the top of the cake and press it into the sides all the way around the cake
- Chill the cake in the fridge for at least 3 hours
Recipe originally shared on May 28, 2013. Updated on April 18, 2020.
What side pan do you use to bake cake in.
Tammilee, still no mention of the dimensions of the "round cake pan". I would advise two 9 inch layers or a deeper 9 inch single layer pan. In recent years, the manufacturers of all cake mixes have cut the product from about 18.5 ounces down to 15 ounces, yet the additional components have remained the same. I have decided to buy four or five boxes of a mix at a time and keep the contents in a sealed jar or canister, then simply weigh out 18.5 ounces of mix for a 9 inch cake. Definitely add lemon zest to the filling. Lovely cake. Thank you for the recipe.
What size pan or round pans
I wasn't sure about pan size at first either, I just used two 9" pans and made two layers, instead of splitting one thicker one. Worked perfectly.
Loved the cake but found the lemon taste could have been better with more lemon juice, zest or lemon extract. It just needed a little more for my taste. I used a 13x9 pan,covered it with wax paper, inverted it on a cookie sheet, put it in the freezer and it sliced perfect. Then I put the bottom half back in the pan, put the filling on it, put the top back on and finished it.
Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same
layout and design. Great choice of colors!
Seems it would need to be an 8" pan...I think a 9" would be too thin to cut like this.
I, too, was wondering about pan sizoie to use. You gave an answer of using a round cake pan. Is it to be an 8" or 9" layer cake pan?
You do not mention the size of pan to use for the cake. Do you use 8 or 9 inch pans or is there another size that you use. Looks to be a bit tall for just one layer of 8 or 9 inch. Thank you.
Hi, I used a round cake pan for this cake.
Lovely work, Tammilee! Would you be happy to link it in to the current Food on Friday which is all about cakes? There are lots of great links there already. I do hope to see you there. Cheers