Today we are sharing Chocolate Shortbread Cookies with white chocolate icing. Hello Yum!
Chocolate Shortbread Cookie Recipe
Wow! We are all ready for Day 5 of our 25 days of Holiday Cookies and Treats! I hope you have been enjoying these sweet treats!
John is a huge fan of shortbread cookies. I honestly never really think of them when I plan out my holiday baking. This year he mentioned multiple times how nice it would be to have a shortbread cookie......
So here we are with a Chocolate Shortbread Cookie with a White Chocolate drizzle.
One thing I love about these Chocolate Shortbread cookies is there are only 5 ingredients. They are crazy easy to make and taste pretty darn good. Well if you ask John they are amazing but he may be a bit biased since I baked his favorite cookies this year. 🙂
Chocolate Shortbread Ingredients
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Confectioners sugar
- All-purpose flour
White chocolate chips are perfect for the drizzle. Just melt them slowly and use a fork to drizzle them over the cookies.
One of the great things about Chocolate Shortbread Cookies is you can jazz them up however you want! You can leave them plain and just chocolate or drizzle them with white chocolate, dip them in icing and add sprinkles.
It is really up to you how you decorate these amazing holiday cookies.
White Chocolate Drizzle
1. Melt white chocolate chips or baking chocolate in the microwave for 10-second intervals until melted
2. Use a plastic icing bag and pipe chocolate across cookies or dip cookies in the bowl of chocolate
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Make sure to check back each morning for a new holiday cookie and treat recipe!
Chocolate Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 Cup Butter softened
- ⅓ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ Cup Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- dash Salt
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup white chocolate chips
- Cream butter until light and fluffy
- Blend in unsweetened cocoa, confectioners suar, salt, and all purpose flour
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Cut out shapes or drop by the teaspoonful
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Place on wire rack to cool
- Melt White Chocolate Chips in the microwave in 20-30 second intervals until melted.
- Drizzle over the cookies
Recipe originally shared on December 3, 2013. Updated September 2020.
Should there be eggs in this recipe? I tried it and the dough was rather dry and rock like when it came out of the fridge. I have noticed that other recipes have eggs in them.
hi i am trying your chocolate shortbread cookie recipe. There is nowhere that says what temperature the oven is to be set for.
You didn't say what temperature to bake the cookies at
These cookies look amazing and I love how easy they are. Classic shortbread is one of my favorites but I don't believe I have ever tried a chocolate version.
Hi there! What is the oven temperature please? Thanks?
I adore Shortbread cookies, but I have never had a chocolate one before. I have to try this one! Yum!