I am so excited to share with you this Sugar and Spice Almonds recipe. This recipe is crazy easy to make and taste amazing!
I made these up and gave them to a couple of friends for a surprise holiday gift. They were so happy and loved them. I loved that they are so easy to make and turn out fantastic.
I used to think making flavored almonds would take hours and hours and never took the time to find out the truth until this year. I imagined myself standing over a giant pot stirring and stirring for hours to get the almonds coated. Silly me, you only have to stir a few times and then they are done.
I guess I pictured the people at big events stirring the giant cauldrons of flavored nuts you can smell for miles away. I am happy to say these smell just as good and only take minimal effort. You don’t have to stand around a giant cauldron stirring all day unless you really want to 🙂
If you love giving DIY gifts during the holidays you may also love these fun posts!
Sugar and Spice Almonds
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp egg white
2 cups blanched almonds
1. Combine brown sugar and seasoning in a small bowl, set aside
2. Whisk egg whites until foamy in a small bowl. Add in almonds and toss to coat
3. Pour almonds into spice mixture and toss to coat
4. Spread the almonds on a foil lined baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally
5. Cool completely, store in a airtight container
25 Days of Holiday cookies and treats
Make sure to check back each morning for a new holiday cookie and treat recipe! We have some amazing recipes lined up for the next 22 days!
Sugar and Spice AlmondsPrint Rate
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp egg white
- 2 cups blanched almonds
- Combine brown sugar and seasoning in a small bowl, set aside
- Whisk egg whites until foamy in a small bowl. Add in almonds and toss to coat
- Pour almonds into spice mixture and toss to coat
- Spread the almonds on a foil lined baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Cool completely, store in a airtight container
Originally posted December 2013