I am so excited to share with you this Sugar and Spice Almonds recipe. This recipe is crazy easy to make and taste amazing!
Sugar and Spice Almonds
I made these up and gave them to a couple of friends for a surprise holiday gift. They were so happy and loved them. I loved that they are so easy to make and turn out fantastic.
I used to think making flavored almonds would take hours and hours and never took the time to find out the truth until this year. I imagined myself standing over a giant pot stirring and stirring for hours to get the almonds coated.
Silly me, you only have to stir a few times and then they are done.
I guess I pictured the people at big events stirring the giant cauldrons of flavored nuts you can smell for miles away. I am happy to say these smell just as good and only take minimal effort.
You don't have to stand around a giant cauldron stirring all day unless you really want to 🙂
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Curry powder
- Egg white
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Sweet and Spicy Almonds
- ½ cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon Curry Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Egg Whites
- 2 cups Blanched Almonds
- Combine brown sugar and seasoning in a small bowl, set aside
- Whisk egg whites until foamy in a small bowl. Add in almonds and toss to coat
- Pour almonds into spice mixture and toss to coat
- Spread the almonds on a foil lined baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Cool completely, store in a airtight container
Originally posted on December 1, 2013. Updated October 2020
Leave a Reply