Delicious Crescent Braided Cheese Steak Recipe! Filled with steak, green peppers, onion, and provolone cheese you will love this recipe!
Philly Cheesesteak Crescent Braid Recipe
My husband John is a huge fan of Cheese Steak. I am a huge fan of easy peasy dinners that go together super quickly. I have to say this recipe for Crescent Braided Cheese Steak was super quick and easy. There is a bit of prep with chopping onions and the green pepper but that is really it.
This would be perfect for a Super Bowl party or really any get together it also makes a great entree for dinner.
- Frozen sandwich steak - I used Steak-Umm
- Green bell pepper
- Medium onion
- Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- Provolone Cheese
Baking Sheets - We are huge fans of these baking sheets that have sides. You don't have to worry; you are going to remove the crescent roll cheesesteak from the oven and have the slide right off.
Heat resistant potholders - A couple of years ago we had a fire scare when we didn't realize we had turned a burner on and a cloth potholder caught fire. Thankfully we walked by the kitchen and saw the smoke and were able to get it out ourselves. Since then we have only used these heat-resistant potholders.
1. Preheat oven
2. Prep green pepper and onion so they are ready to go
3. Cook steak strips in a skillet until no longer pink, Remove steak from skillet and place on the plate
4. Add bell peppers and onion to the skillet, cook about 5 minutes until crisp and tender, Return steak to skillet and mix together
5. Unroll 1 can of crescent dinner rolls onto a greased Cookie Sheet, press edges together to seal
6. Spread cheese along the base of the crescent rolls
Spoon heaping cups of steak mixture in the middle of the crescent rolls
7. Carefully cut 1-inch strips into the crescent rolls, fold the dough over the top of the steak mixture
9. Cut into slices to serve
Great dinner recipes
BLT Burger with avocado aioli
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Follow Tammilee Tips on MSN, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for all of our recipe posts.
Crescent Braided Cheese steak Recipe
- 5 Steak-umm Cheese Steak
- 1 Green Pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 package Crescent Rolls
- 6 Slices Provolone Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prep green pepper and onion so they are ready to go
- Cook steak strips in a Skillet until no longer pink, Remove steak from skillet and place on the plate
- Add bell peppers and onion to the skillet, cook about 5 minutes until crisp and tender, Return steak to skillet and mix together
- Unroll 1 can of crescent dinner rolls onto a greased Cookie Sheet, press edges together to seal
- Spread cheese along the base of the crescent rolls
- Spoon heaping cups of steak mixture in the middle of the crescent rolls
- Carefully cut 1-inch strips into the crescent rolls, fold the dough over the top of the steak mixture
- Bake for 16-20 minutes until golden brown
- Cut into slices to serve
Recipe originally shared January 24, 2013, updated March 16, 2020
My friend made this for me tonight and it was really amazing
Hi Kristina, That is great to hear! I am so glad you enjoyed it!
Looks awesome. Stumbled and pinned.
I've made bread braids before, but filling it with cheese steak? Brilliant! Thanks!
Your welcome! I hope you enjoy the recipe! It is a family favorite.
This looks delicious!