Delicious Take-Out Style Orange Chicken and Broccoli served over rice! Make your favorite restaurant meal at home! This recipe is packed with great flavors.
Take-Out Style Orange Chicken and Broccoli over Rice Recipe
Do you ever have nights that you really really really want your favorite take out but you also really really really do not want to get dressed, do your hair or makeup and leave the house? If you answered yes then you are going to love this Take-Out Style Orange Chicken and Broccoli Recipe we are sharing. When Martha Stewart Living and Success® Rice asked if I wanted to try my hand at making this recipe and sharing it with all of you I jumped at the chance.
John loves Take Out Orange Chicken! I mean LOVES it! I love making him happy but with my travel schedule and running the blog there are nights I honestly want to kick back on the couch and watch some TV in comfy clothes. These are the nights that we give each other the looks. You know the looks you give your spouse or significant other when you really want something, but you also know they really don't want to do it.
So now instead of giving each other the looks and having to rock, paper, scissors to see who wins now, John can have his favorite take-out meal at home, and I can stay in my comfy clothes and no makeup! Total Win-Win!
To make our meal a little fancier even when serving it in comfy clothes I played with a few Martha Stewart Craft supplies! These Chinese Envelope Place Settings were so easy to make! Thank you, Martha Stewart Living, for coming up with this super cute and easy way to spruce up our date night at the home dinner table!
This recipe worked out perfectly because we had leftovers that were great for John's lunch! To continue our theme of Take-out meals at home I used take-out containers and spruced them up a bit to make a cute storage container.
I have to admit these looked so cute in our refrigerator! Plus they worked perfectly for John to carry to work for lunch! Another win-win! I like nights like this a lot!!!
- Success® Brown Rice (you can use any flavor of Success® that you prefer! There is also White Rice, Jasmine Rice and Basmati Rice available)
- Orange marmalade
- White vinegar
- Asian hot sauce
- Ground ginger
- Soy sauce
- Frozen broccoli florets
- Boneless, skinless, chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- Ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
Chinese Envelope Place Settings
Chinese character rubber stamp
Martha Stewart Crafts gold ink pad
Patterned paper if you want to place it behind the envelope
Martha Stewart Crafts Gold cord
1. Stamp Chinese characters using gold ink onto the front of the red envelopes
2. Fill your envelope with change or a love note to your significant other
3. Wrap envelope to the napkin with gold thread
4. Tie thread in the back and place napkin on plates
Take-Out Style Orange Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
- 2 bags Brown Rice
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp Asian hot sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 10 oz broccoli florets frozen
- 1 pound chicken breast skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- Prepare Brown Rice according to the package directions
- In a medium bowl, combine orange marmalade, white vinegar, hot sauce, ginger, and soy sauce. Mix together and set to the side
- Prepare broccoli according to package instructions and set aside
- In a small bowl, combine chicken pieces and egg, coat thoroughly
- In a new small bowl combine cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper and mix together
- Coat pieces of chicken in the cornstarch mixture
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a 4-quart saucepan to 375 degrees
- Fry chicken in small batches until brown on all sides
- Remove chicken from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate
- In a large bowl, toss chicken and broccoli with the marmalade mixture
- Serve over hot rice
Recipe originally shared on September 15, 2016. Updated on March 26, 2020.