I love this time of year when there are fresh peaches everywhere! This Crockpot Peach Butter Recipe is perfect for fresh peaches! So easy to make and it tastes amazing! Plus you can easily can it or freeze it for winter when you dream of fresh peaches and no snow.
Crockpot Peach Butter Recipe
One of my favorite things to do with summer produce is to freeze it so when it is gray, snowy, and ugly outside I can pull them out and take a moment to think about summer. Dream about warm summer nights outside with a fire.
Don't worry we are still a few months away hopefully from the weather changing to snow! I am just putting it out there to the world that it will be a really lovely winter with no crazy snowstorms for everyone. I hope you don't mind! 🙂
Oh my gosh, I feel like running to the fridge and taking a spoonful of this right now! Hello yum!
I am starting to wonder what this would be like on vanilla ice cream.....
Ingredients needed to make Peach Butter in the Crock-Pot
- Ripe Peaches
- Ginger, powder
- Lemon juice
Spider Strainer - A spider strainer makes it really easy to get the peaches safely out of the hot water.
Cookie Sheet with edges - A cookie sheet with edges helps catch all of the extra peach juice when you are removing the peach skins. I put a cutting board across the cookie sheet and use it to hold the peaches as I remove the skins and cut them before putting the in the crockpot.
Depending on how ripe your peaches are it can be a super messy process to remove the skins and contain all of the juices. I definitely recommend having a few dish towels nearby and a garbage can or bowl for the peach skins next to you.
Great Peach Recipes
If you have more peaches to use up check out these other great peach recipes! Perfect for fresh peaches!
If you still have peaches check out how we freeze peaches so we can enjoy them all winter long!
Crock Pot Peach Butter Recipe
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling. Have a large bowl with ice water beside it.
- Using a ladle slowly lower a few peaches into the boiling water (gently).
- Let boil/blanch for approximately 1 – 2 minutes.
- Remove peaches and immediately immerse into the ice water and let them cool.
- Continue this until all the peaches are cooling in the water.
- Take peaches from the ice water and begin to remove the skins. They should just slide off easily. If not, the peaches were not ripe enough and a knife may be needed to peel off the skins.
- Cut the peaches from the inside stone. No need to have perfect slices, just get off as much flesh from the pit as possible.
- Transfer all the peaches to the slow cooker bowl. Add the honey, ginger, water, and lemon juice.
- Cook peaches on high for 10 – 12 hours.
- When the peaches are soft and mushy, puree them with an immersion blender, or simply mash them very well with a potato masher.
- Continue to cook them until you have an applesauce consistency. If you find there’s too much liquid, leave the lid off for approximately ½ hour while it cooks to let some of it evaporate.
- Remove from slow cooker and let cool.
Recipe originally shared on August 7, 2016. Updated January 2021.