I love this time of year when there are fresh peaches everywhere! This Crock Pot Peach Butter Recipe is perfect for fresh peaches!
So easy to make and it tastes amazing! Plus you can easily can it or freeze it for winter when you dream of fresh peaches and no snow.
One of my favorite things to do with summer produce is freeze it so when it is gray, snowy and ugly outside I can pull them out and take a moment to think about summer. Dream about warm summer nights outside with a fire.
Don’t worry we are still a few months away hopefully from the weather changing to snow! I am just putting it out there to the world that it will be a really lovely winter with no crazy snow storms for everyone. I hope you don’t mind! 🙂
Oh my gosh I feel like running to the fridge and taking a spoonful of this right now! Hello yum!
I am starting to wonder what this would be like on vanilla ice cream…..
Crock Pot Peach Butter Recipe
4 lbs Ripe Peaches
¼ Cups Honey
2 tbsp Ginger, powder
2 tsp Lemon juice
½ Cup Water
1. Heat a large pot of water to boiling. Have a large bowl with ice water beside it.
2. Using a ladle slowly lower a few peaches into the boiling water (gently).
3. Let boil/blanch for approximately 1 – 2 minutes.
4. Remove peaches and immediately immerse into the ice water and let them cool.
5. Continue this until all the peaches are cooling in the water.
6. Take peaches from the ice water and begin to remove the skins. They should just slide off easily. If not, the peaches were not ripe enough and a knife may be needed to peel off the skins.
7. Cut the peaches from the inside stone. No need to have perfect slices, just get off as much flesh from the pit as possible.
8. Transfer all the peaches to the slow cooker bowl. Add the honey, ginger, water, and lemon juice.
9 Cook peaches on high for 10 – 12 hours.
10. When the peaches are soft and mushy, puree them with an immersion blender, or simply mash them very well with a potato masher.
11. Continue to cook them until you have an applesauce consistency. If you find there’s too much liquid, leave the lid off for approximately ½ hour while it cooks to let some of it evaporate.
12. Remove from cooker and let cool.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes