Hello yum! I love hot chocolate. Add in a few marshmallows and it is the perfect treat. Today we decided to take one of our favorite drinks and turn it into a cupcake to celebrate Cupcake Saturday! Woohoo! This Hot Chocolate Cupcake Recipe is filled with chocolatey goodness!
Hot Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Easy homemade from scratch Hot Chocolate Cupcake Recipe! Perfect for Christmas or any day! Add marshmallows to this fun dessert recipe!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Hot water
- Cocoa powder
- Butter, room temp
- Large egg
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
Marshmallow Frosting Ingredients
- Marshmallow crèam
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
Great Hot Chocolate Recipes
We put together a fun collection of Hot Chocolate recipes in a ton of flavors.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake paper liners.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt in s medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk hot water and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix the egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add in the flour mixture, alternate with hot cocoa mix until there are no lumps.
- Using a large ice cream scoop the batter into the lined cupcake tins until they are ¾'s filled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven allowing cupcakes to cool in cupcake pan for 10 minutes.
- Take out of cupcake pan and place individual cupcakes on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat marshmallow cream and butter until combined.
- Add sugar, beat until combined.
- Mix in heavy cream ½ tablespoon at a time until it can be spread on the cupcakes.
- Spoon into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Frost cupcakes from the outside working the tip toward the center of the cupcake.
- Sprinkle a little cocoa powder on top of each frosted cupcake.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Muffin Pan