Have you seen Despicable Me 2 yet? John and I went and saw it last week and LOVED it! Oh my goodness I have not laughed that much at a movie in a long time. After the movie, I told John that I wanted to come up with Minion Cupcakes!
Because really they are already super cute and making them into cupcakes seemed the perfect fit.
I had so much fun making these cupcakes!
- White cake mix
- White or Cream Cheese Icing
- Blue icing dye
- Yellow food coloring
- Twinkies or similar
- Black Icing Pen
- Candy Necklace or candy eyes or smarties candies
These cupcakes are perfect for birthday parties, movie nights, or just having fun as a family! They are super easy to make and turn out so cute.
You can even get Minion themed Cupcake Liners if you really want to theme them out. I went with plain yellow cupcake liners because that is what we had and I thought they fit the Minion colors.
Great Dessert Recipes
- I started with a white cake mix and mixed it according to the box directions. I used blue icing dye to change the cupcakes to blue. I baked them according to the directions.
- I used yellow food coloring to color cream cheese icing for the base.
- I cut generic Twinkies in half for the bodies
- For the eyes I had planned on using Smarties Candies but found a candy necklace and used the white candy from there. This worked out perfect.
- I was able to put black icing from an icing pen on the back of the candy and it worked as glue to hold the eyes onto the Twinkie
- I used the icing pen to draw the lines around the eyes and the smile
Recipe originally shared on July 9, 2013. Updated December 2020