The National Automobile Museum in Reno, Nevada has over 200 cars on display. The collection is part of the Harrah Collection. You can find everything from antique cars to street cars.
There are four galleries divided by the year of the vehicle. Make sure and give yourself more than enough time to wander around the museum. It was so much larger than what we expected it to be.
The front desk has great scavenger hunts to help you located celebrity cars and other fun cars that are on display.
- 1912 “Andy Griffith” Baker Electric Model V Special Extension Coupe
- 1922 Dodge Brothers “116” W.B. Custom Victoria (built for General MacArthur’s first wife)
- 1923 “Jack Benny” Maxwell The Good Maxwell Touring
- 1928 “Mary Pickford” Ford Model A Sport Coupe
- 1933 “Al Jolson” Cadillac Series 452C All Weather Phaeton
- 1935 “Sammy Davis, Jr.” Duesenberg SSJ Roadster – 1971 Replica
- 1941 “Lana Turner” Chrysler Newport Dual Cowl Phaeton
- 1948 “Elliot Gould” Lincoln Continental 876H56 Cabriolet
- 1949 “James Dean” Mercury Series 9CM Six-Passenger Coupe
- 1953 “John Wayne” Chevrolet Corvette 2934 Convertible
- 1961 “Frank Sinatra” Ghia L.6.4 Hardtop
- 1962 “John F. Kennedy” Lincoln Continental 86 Convertible
- 1965 “Smothers Brothers” Lotus-Ford 38 Indianapolis Race Car
- 1973 “Elvis Presley” Cadillac Eldorado Custom Coupe
Keep an eye out for these Museum vehicles that have appeared in movies:
- 1892 Philion (Steam) Road Carriage – Appeared in Excuse My Dust with Red Skelton and The Magnificent Amberson’s with Orson Welles.
- 1912 Rambler 73-4CC Cross Country – Appeared in the 1997 blockbuster movie, Titanic, winner of 11 Academy Awards. It appeared in the dock scene prior to the ship’s departure from Southampton, England.
- 1938 Phantom Corsair Experimental Six-Passenger Coupe – Featured in the 1938 movie, The Young in Heart, starring Paulette Goddard, Janet Gaynor, Billie Burke and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.
- 1949 Mercury Series 9CM Six-Passenger Coupe – Driven by actor James Dean in the 1955 movie, Rebel Without a Cause.
- 1960 Flying Caduceus Experimental Streamliner (first turbo jet car to run on Bonneville Salt Flats) – Rolled across the big screen in the 2005 film, The World’s Fastest Indian, starring Anthony Hopkins.
1935 “Sammy Davis, Jr.” Duesenberg SSJ Roadster – 1971 Replica
1921 Ford KampKar
When you visit make sure and check out the photo op area. You can dress up and enjoy riding in style!
Located at – 10 South Lake St. Reno
Phone – 775 333 9300
Hours – Please check their website to confirm current hours.
Monday – Saturday 9:30am – 5:30pm
Sunday – 10am – 4pm